physical memory off rifts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHrWHXL065g

immanence also off of rifts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6uCADyW9zo

eccojam a3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-3sZjadCvo

sleep dealer off replica

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71fbZA6S97c

i don't rate anything off his later work. i find his stuff post replica to be tedious and too conceptual. overall i feel he is one of the most overrated artists of the decade, although i also think replica is one of the best albums of the decade.

Edited by zaphod

oneohtrix point never track suggestions:

grief and repetition ...(first track, lush and gloomy looped piano)

computer vision ...(hypnotic juno arp track)

chuck person - untitled eccojam B4 a.k.a. nobody here ...(this stuff spawned the vaporwave stuff)

sleep dealer (interesting and effective use of samples to create rhythms and melodies)

replica (lush)

Zebra..(though honestly I'd suggest you just listen to R Plus Seven in its entirety in one sitting. I think it is a complete work, kind of like a symphony.)

Ezra (very dynamic track that verges on grungey metal)

Animals (MS-DOS RPG BALLAD)

No Good (peter frampton & trent reznor collab)

these are some selected bits that I think would give you a good sample of the merits of Lopatin's work.

qft. Good picks.

I would add "months" and "physical memory" from Russian Mind. Also Betrayed in the Octagon, from the album of the same name.

I have this feeling this is gonna be the 'replica' of his newer stuff, whatever the fuck that means lol.

I'm going by the track and album length and the emotional tone of Black Snow.

I don't see there being a discrete split between replica and R Plus Seven. Every album so far has been an outgrowth of the previous. "explain" on Replica is very indicative of the style of R Plus Seven. G.O.D. takes methods from both replica and r+7 and amps up the grunge factor. Since I don't have a line drawn in the sand when it comes to OPN's output, I can't relate to your analogy.

And I still don't even register black snow as anything. Every time I listen to it I immediately forget it. Weird, actually.

...............but what if..............that's the point????????? :0

I feel that replica was the culmination and jumping off point. All his older stuff distilled. And yeah, it was also the bud that flowered into R plus seven and GoD. I feel this may be a distillation too.

I find your latter statement weird also.

I've only listened to it twice because I don't want to ruin the flow of the album but I can def remember the overall feel of the track and still get the refrain creep into my head.

Black Snow finally clicked a few days ago despite not blowing my mind like G.o.D. previews did. But as someone else said, same thing happened to me with Problem Areas !

Still, the fact that the album is described as "his most cohesive work to date" is really interesting since Black Snow is extremely different than the myriad trailer/instagram sneak peeks ! 

Looks way better than it sounds ey?

We don't know that yet. But I really hope this isn't merely The Age Of Substanceless Aesthetics or the musical equivalent of 

304912_5_.gif

tumblr_nhvmakNuEs1scobczo1_500.jpg

tumblr_o1cb34pbhL1qza1qzo1_r1_500.gif

Meant Black Snow specifically, will reserve judgement on the album.

pre r+7 opn = pre-chiastic slide ae, pleasing and derivative nostalgia milking with something much more inspired lurking underneath.

r+7 = chiastic slide, and it's where he really takes off into doing his own thing with new parameters and shit as sam mentioned back in AAA.

god = lp5 - somewhat friendlier and more approachable (though not sonically) than r+7 but still looking forward.

best song:

Edited by eugene

Would ya like some 30 second samples of that there new album, stranger?

opnres5eoao.png

DISCLAIMER: Sourced in a legal fashion and currently still available where I found 'em (for now), but in case someone realises their mistake, I'm just being a rehost who can boast the most roast. Black Snow already got copywrong sniffed but the rest remain under the radar.

You know the drill: buy this album if you like it. Artists gotta eat.

(Ahh... just like old watmm times, eh?)

aaah nice i was about to write if someone has a sample source to pls post and then the jason post shows up, that some black magic right here.

holy shit some samples sound super epic others a bit yeah not very exciting but well 30 sec are not enough to judge that i suppose.

going to buy the LP for sure or should i say musical manuscripts ?!

Rome-music-manuscript-15th-c.-polyphonic