IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - Age Of

someguy

It's back on Soulseek. I've only heard the first 2 minutes so far, but this is already great stuff.

Edited by Jaazeps

First half of Toys 2 has My Heart Will Go On in it just a few notes removed. Anyone else noticed? Intentional?

yes yes yes. It bothers me so much. Only heard it on the live recording so far, but I was confused

Having heard the whole album now, I can't believe the tepid to negative reaction it's getting here. This is easily my favorite thing he's put out since Replica. People are saying that it sounds like a mess, but I think R Plus Seven was way more all over the place. Garden of Delete was great, but I love how everything here feels so casually tense and restrained whereas Garden of Delete was a lot more aggressive. Maybe I won't think so after a few listens, but I've never heard an album that's made me feel quite this way before.

Still waiting on higher quality. Finding it hard to get lost in the music with these shitty mp3s

One thing that's irking me is that the best tracks imo happen to be the shortest ones. In garden of delete the songs would keep improving as they went along, just kept going to another level.

Here it seems like a great idea just peters out.

im about halfway.. it really bothers me how little intensity this has compared to say, americans or mutant standard so far... def much more structured songs in this album.. perhaps he saw that guys vid on arrangement and took it to heart

edit: the tracks feel so short too! iunno I will need to hear this more.. upon first listen warning stands out to me as most memorable

Edited by MIXL2

opn is one of my fav. artists but so far this release is a huge letdown for me , most of the tracks are just annoying mashups of sounds , i think he lost himself in experiments and forgot how to make music. Its the same with the last  mouse on mars record where they tried to make something completely unique with all kind of new approaches and lost themselves in "avantgardnes", in the end its the worst music they ever made.

small note: i´m not a fan of disruptive music so that may contribute aswell

Edited by Kavinsky

Kavinsky hates it

Confirmed good album

Waiting on StephenG's review now for further confirmation

why is it a good album if i dont like it so far ?

Kavinsky hates it

Confirmed good album

Waiting on StephenG's review now for further confirmation

It was mixed by James Blake. What further review do you need?

Can't wait for my copy.

fuck me, the art on this rlly is amazon but honestly the music is just not doing it..

the caretakers 4th installment of everywhere at the end of time still aoty for me.. feels miles ahead of this

the art on this rlly is amazon

yeah i'm continually impressed by opn's ability to repurpose existing media in a way that makes it feel as though it were tailormade to fit the music

still haven't listened to this album yet but tbh feeling more hyped now that i'm moving away from capitalism & back into the artrealm & the big iceberg of existential ennui is melting off my mind

also they call it north american listening events but it appears that every one listed is in the states smdh

what? bonus tracks are not usually more memorable than every other track on the album (edit: comparing to other warp releases I mean)..

anyway ill give this a couple more listens maybs it'll grow on me

Edited by MIXL2

Am I listening to the same album as everyone else? Nobody likes The Station? Toys 2? We'll Take It? Raycats? I agree that Manifold and Warning should have been longer though. Also, people are acting like this is "Arc" or something in terms of "avantgardeness" - I feel like this is the most accessible album he's made since at least before signing to Warp. The only part of the album that really doesn't do it for me are the last two songs, which just kind of sound pretty half-baked.

- I feel like this is the most accessible album he's made since at least before signing to Warp.

Yuhuh. I've already said elsewhere if there were a few more songs on this it may have made him big-big.

Woke up in the middle of the night because of a sudden, awful pain so I decided to give Age Of a listen and holy shit. Awesome album, lacks of a real closer track but so did G.o.D. imo - nothing comes close to Chrome Country when it comes to closing a grandiose album !