Oneohtrix Point Never - Age Of

someguy

I don't want vocals please.

I'm generally ok with vocals.. but when I heard

"I wanna see inside the alien

I wanna feel your organs inside out"

I couldn't help but lol

tumblr_okc4mxsdrt1vl1v4sc5.jpg

*Waits patiently for all the leaker freakz to roll up and admit that ol' jdon was on the money with the 'advance previews' *

pretty sure it was just me and joshuatx, i refined my stance to 'there's not enough evidence to know if these are real', and i stand by that :emotawesomepm9:. next time i'll keep your name in mind when we're discussing upcoming idmz. cheers for your dedication though!

I'm never gonna do bad by the watmmz, I like to think my track record speaks for itself. We cool  :beer:

Meanwhile, JP 'Age Of'...

32121586_5896100047311bspg.jpg

Why you track 'XIIII' and not 'XIV'? And why is there no waveform for trance 1 in the predator rack?  :catrage:

"Everything on this record changes shape. One moment in “RayCats” Far Eastern instrumentation is being glitched beyond recognition, then suddenly it sounds like something from a relaxation tape. “Same” shimmers and twists between 20th century avant-classical, Depeche Mode at their stadium peak and pure electronic sound. “The Station” sounds like Drake or Future crooning over the bassline from a 90s grunge track, but periodically dissolves into Autechre type abstraction." (The Arts Desk)

I remember not liking vocals when I was in my late teens, thank god I grew up. Here's my objective review: Album is really good and that's why I like it.

I'm not hating this but in the whole it still don't compare to 

or

imho

edit: the whole playfulness and randomness of it that seemed so characteristic of the music feels kinda ditched for a much more rigid song structure..  is not bad at all per se.. but what I really appreciated about his previous stuff is how little it felt like it took itself seriously and how many risks it took (while still managing to be soulful music!). that b the crux of it 4 me 

Edited by MIXL2

Age Of feels like a big old mess, I could like some of it but sooner or later every track does something that makes me cringe.

That said, I put on Replica today (my least favourite album until Garden Of Delete) and thoroughly enjoyed that, even its formerly rather annoying moments. So who knows.

Based on just reading watmm comments i guessed i would love this, but..

On first listen it left me a bit out in the cold - it has the 'aggro' elements I didnt like from garden of delete, and not enough of the weirdness i loved in r+7.  That said, i fully look forward to giving it more listens, as it could very well end up being a grower for me (as r+7 definitely was)