IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - Age Of

someguy

listened all night, what an amazing album and one of his best indeed!

those harpsichord parts are so good i think james blake might have played them in?

only true weak moment for me is when he whimpers and yelps on babylon, my fuckin eardrums but christ what a record

donervanplsb8uql.jpg

Decided to dig further.

And, well... it's me, so... you know how that usually ends up.

opn-welltakeitjde5r6k.png

Oneohtrix Point Never - We'll Take It EP (WAP424)

6th July 2018

'Oneohtrix Point Never (OPN / Daniel Lopatin) returns hot on the heels of his latest album Age Of with an EP featuring album single "We'll Take It" and three new OPN songs. An album favourite, "We'll Take It" is given new context here as the lead track and video. A dark, facetious song that fuses industrials sounds, ecstatic and reckless synths, and something OPN described as "sideways ragtime" piano played by James Blake. An edited version of "Trance 1" has been heard as part of "A Message From Earth", a celebration of the 40th anniversary of the Golden Records sent on both Voyager Spacecrafts with sounds and images selected to portray the diversity of life and culture.'

A1 We'll Take It

A2 Monody

AA1 Blow by Blow

AA2 Trance 1

- First in a series of 12" following recent release Age Of

3rd card in the collectors card series available with this release

Still got it.  :catsalute:

The fork gave it a 7.8.

I love Last Known Image of a Song. The absurdly high double bass? is amazing.

Not his best work but not a disappointment in any way, unlike god. He’s still progressing, and these songs are different from anything he’s done before. I already can’t wait for his next LP.

Edited by gmanyo

donervanplsb8uql.jpg

Decided to dig further.

6th July 2018

'Oneohtrix Point Never (OPN / Daniel Lopatin) returns hot on the heels of his latest album Age Of with an EP featuring album single "We'll Take It" and three new OPN songs. An album favourite, "We'll Take It" is given new context here as the lead track and video. A dark, facetious song that fuses industrials sounds, ecstatic and reckless synths, and something OPN described as "sideways ragtime" piano played by James Blake. An edited version of "Trance 1" has been heard as part of "A Message From Earth", a celebration of the 40th anniversary of the Golden Records sent on both Voyager Spacecrafts with sounds and images selected to portray the diversity of life and culture.'

A1 We'll Take It

A2 Monody

AA1 Blow by Blow

AA2 Trance 1

- 3rd card in the collectors card series available with this release

Still got it. :catsalute:

GG Jason ! Need ! Moaaaar !

Some of this is so great but then other bits really make me cringe. Not that into it overall but only listened once and opn often takes a little while to get into. Shame though cause that first track is so good and for me it doesn't really match that for the rest of the album. It peaks at the very start.

Pleasantly surprised with the vocals. A bit cheesy but they didn't put me off with a full listen. In isolation, Black Snow at first threw me off however, bedded in amongst the general sound of the album, it clicks in nicely.

Love, love, love the title track.

I understand the comments saying it's a bit of a mess. My theory is that the title/theme is an admission of that. Auto-biographical maybe. The Ecco/Harvest/Excess/Bondage conspectus seems to describe the trajectory and various soundscapes Daniel has explored over the years. For example, I think Manifold and Raycats are a refinement of his early material. I don't think it's arbitrary that Juno-60 are heavily featured on these tracks. Toys 2, myriad.industries, Warning feel very r+7 to me. The vocals are an amalgamation of Games, ANOHNI, G.O.D., etc. This dude is literally brimming with ideas and has stretched in so many directions over the last decade: Eccojams, Games / Ford & Lopatin, ANOHNI, Good Time OST, touring with NIN. I think 'bondage' could be interpreted as feeling stifled as an artist. Wanting to go so many different directions at once. This album embraces that, and by doing so manages to tread some new territory in the process. I think it's one of his finest works tbh

Edited by oldenjon

I love Last Known Image of a Song. The absurdly high double bass? is amazing.

yeah I could use a whole album of just stuff like that track

I asked DLo on Twitter for a 20 minute version. He did not respond.

I’m so mad that high pitched solo ends so quickly at the end argh. That part is so good it makes me angry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donervanplsb8uql.jpg

Decided to dig further.

6th July 2018

A1 We'll Take It

A2 Monody

AA1 Blow by Blow

AA2 Trance 1

3rd card in the collectors card series available with this release

Still got it.  :catsalute:

jason hacking warehouse DBs in the name of choons

new video sounds good! wonder if he'll direct another?

So stoked for the EP... Seems like it will just about complete the Myriad set list?

The Station is just the best... also, only song I have heard directly about internet addiction.

Edited by ganus

Just got back from his show at Primavera.

Kind of ruined everything for me. No more live band please

Gonna take a few months to recover then I'll listen to that album again on headphones

Gonna take a few months to recover then I'll listen to that album again on headphones

this happened for me with GoD!! The show was terrible. What was wrong this time? The recording at the Armory was A++

Also, I'm sorry that happened! Disappointing for sure

Edited by ganus

this happened for me with GoD!! The show was terrible. What was wrong this time? The recording at the Armory was A++

I went to his GOD show and it was excellent with Nate Boyce. And it was piercingly loud

This one... Ugh

The gentle FM-pop vibe keeps me coming back to this album. Very aquatic and serene at times, especially diggin the latter half of Toys 2. The first OPN I've given a repeated listen! Definitely growing on me ~

Edited by Embers

Listened to it. Its ok-ish but it's pop music dont try to delude yourselves.

ye, I mean there's nothing wrong with that rlly.. I just miss the experimentalism of previous stuff

I went to his GOD show and it was excellent with Nate Boyce. And it was piercingly loud

This one... Ugh

Why was it so bad?

A SERIES of forthcoming EPs???? Awesome!

Had a laugh yesterday when I asked my record dealer if he had Age Of in stock. His answer : "Oh yeah thats a world music album isn't it?" just before his colleague jumped in and said "no no I put it in the metal section".

In a weird way that was so right lol