IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - Age Of

someguy

Just got back from his show at Primavera.

Kind of ruined everything for me. No more live band please

Gonna take a few months to recover then I'll listen to that album again on headphones

this happened for me with GoD!! The show was terrible. What was wrong this time? The recording at the Armory was A++

Also, I'm sorry that happened! Disappointing for sure

I went to his GOD show and it was excellent with Nate Boyce. And it was piercingly loud

This one... Ugh

Why was it so bad?

Probably because I've been listening to it every day for the whole week before and had huge expectation

imho it was like going to an amateur bon iver cover band

Edited by fairuzosman

It sounds like something I would listen to a couple of times and moderately enjoy, then think that I need to revisit it sometime but would never actually do it. Also not particularly a fan of conceptual stuff.

A SERIES of forthcoming EPs???? Awesome!

Had a laugh yesterday when I asked my record dealer if he had Age Of in stock. His answer : "Oh yeah thats a world music album isn't it?" just before his colleague jumped in and said "no no I put it in the metal section".

In a weird way that was so right lol

hahaha, this is the best

i've been only half-kinda-following this thread so i dont know if this has been pointed out before, but:

is it just me, or does the start of The Station remind anyone else of Metallica?

i've been only half-kinda-following this thread so i dont know if this has been pointed out before, but:

is it just me, or does the start of The Station remind anyone else of Metallica?

funny that you say that because  Ezra from GoD at 0:24 has that riff that reminds me everytime of Metallica

Edited by Kavinsky

A SERIES of forthcoming EPs???? Awesome!

Had a laugh yesterday when I asked my record dealer if he had Age Of in stock. His answer : "Oh yeah thats a world music album isn't it?" just before his colleague jumped in and said "no no I put it in the metal section".

In a weird way that was so right lol

hahaha, this is the best

Can't remember who mentioned it in the first place but James Ferraro's latest album does indeed sound like Age Of's sibling in some parallel universe. In a very good way though

TMT review

they gave it a 3/5

Is it me, or does TMT like to give subpar scores to anything with more than 5 fans?

and all their eurekas read like livejournal posts written on LSD

some deece stuff in there though

I still admire TMT because they feature, promote, and review truly DIY and underground releases whereas most outlets are playing catch-up. Makes for their reviews of more well-known artists quite hit-or-miss but oh well. Kind of remind me of old era P4K in that regard.

TMT review

they gave it a 3/5

Is it me, or does TMT like to give subpar scores to anything with more than 5 fans?

I still admire TMT because they feature, promote, and review truly DIY and underground releases whereas most outlets are playing catch-up. Makes for their reviews of more well-known artists quite hit-or-miss but oh well. Kind of remind me of old era P4K in that regard.

iirc they gave a pre r+7 album (replica maybe?) an insanely superlative and unbearably pretentious review. perhaps he was still lesser known then, at least comparatively.

huge update from me: I’ve softened somewhat on r+7, it doesn’t get on my nerves as much although some of the tracks are pretty annoying and I find the production too loud and grating (even at low volumes that shit is too loud). I think replica might be my favorite of his but I’d say maybe half of the tracks are just not good. overall I feel like his records do not flow well and have a kind of grandiose add quality that I find distracting. I do admire him though, he’s come a long way from the when I first heard his stuff in 2009 and he’s always trying new things which i respect. Perhaps I’m just getting soft in my old age. Still haven’t heard this new one tho, it prob sux lol.

TMT review

they gave it a 3/5

Truth. Plus I wouldn’t have found out about Hausu Mountain without them. I’d rather read pretentious garbage about stuff I’m not familiar with than the same 8 headlines about R Kelly.

*gives a friendly wave at certain 'outlets' reporting inaccurately on the We'll Take It EP info we got here*

:cat:

ugh, man that's lame as hell

Sample spotting for We'll Take It (@0:15, 2:48)

Good jerb, Nagwell (reddit)

goddamn what a random thing to spot

predicted pitchfork rating: 8.2

I'm going for a 7.6

7.9 and no BNM

so close

dempi4bw4aadb6d3foqd.jpg

Tweet since deleted

didn't Ferraro already to a LA riot concept album? 

still seems interesting if true, reminds me of this lol

It should include mental feelings and ideas related to minerals secrets in the depths, a second invisible moon, a striper girl that does hypnotism and rules wall street secretly, a discouraging moment in Pitagoras life that accidentally led him into the source behind the source, a legendary talking Gekko, an immortal individual from Saturn that is made of a rare crystal, the idea of transhumanism being destroyed and forbidden by a mysterious individual that wears a hat, a skycrapper full of replicas of robotic greek ancient philosophers walking around and thinking, a blood pact made of artificial blood from a femenine robot with blood of her masculine human lover, a plasma child, internet massive and final breakdown due to a child mastermind sabotage, a clan of women that can transform themselves into birds, a rare latino cop that sabotages the ultimate nanoweapon system from Russia, the autumn season being modified by an unpredicted plasma cataclism inside the earth, a legendary ancient motorbike..

I don't think the L.A. riots started over a Terminator shooting up a club?

I do think the LITTOL tune was my favorite of the Myriad show though (if I kept count properly), would be nice to have that and the ultra lush Trance jingle on (a) separate release(s), because the album still isn't really compelling me to pull out my wallet.

oops totally, point taken hah

But Skid Row almost wasn't an album at all. It started life, in fact, as a set of poems called Terminator, named after the 1984 James Cameron film about a time-travelling cyborg coming to Los Angeles to kill the mother of a future resistance leader. "[With] A lot of my albums when I start conceptualising them, I picture them being stage plays or operas or films," he says.

nvm :smile:

i feel redeemed lol