IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - Age Of

someguy

"Age of" ... sounded like something I'd hear off an Ulver album or Coil release.

interesting.. upon first listen I thought it sounded like he's been listening to a lot of Coil. I don't even know much Coil but it kinda sounds like.. the idea of them?

Oneohtrix Point Never takes up selector duties on Stuart Maconie's Freak Zone this Sunday.

"This week's playlist has been compiled by the American experimental electronic music producer Daniel Lopatin, Oneohtrix Point Never. Daniel won the Best Soundtrack Award at Cannes in 2017 for his work on the film 'Good Time'. And he's just released a new album for Warp Records 'Age Of'. His playlist draws on a wide range of genres and eras and features Levi, Dip In The Pool, FKA Twigs, Riccardo Sinigaglia, game soundtracks, Clannad and James Blake."

things james blake has ruined:

-my last relationship

-this album

Jeez DLo. How did he ruin your relationship?

guess she loves his music and you hate his music ?

p05k2wgk.jpg

Stuart Maconie's Freak Zone - Oneohtrix Point Never

BBC Radio 6 Music

00:00:00 10/06/2018

"This week's playlist has been compiled by the American experimental electronic music producer Daniel Lopatin, Oneohtrix Point Never. Daniel won the Best Soundtrack Award at Cannes in 2017 for his work on the film 'Good Time'. And he's just released a new album for Warp Records 'Age Of'. His playlist draws on wide range of genres and eras and features Mica Levi, Dip In The Pool, FKA Twigs, Riccardo Sinigaglia, game soundtracks, Clannad and James Blake."

01. James Blake - If The Car Beside You Moves Ahead

02. Ann Steel - My Time

03. Riccardo Sinigaglia - Landing Place

04. Kate & Anna McGarrigle - Heartbeats Accelerating

05. Clannad - I Will Find You

06. Bruce Cockburn - If I Had A Rocket Launcher

07. Mica Levi - Delete Beach (Instrumental)

08. Dip In The Pool - On Retinae (West Version)

09. Kota Hoshino - Buying Goods at Palmira

10. Michiru Oshima - Castle In The Mist

11. Caterina Barbieri - Information Needed To Create An Entire Body

12. FKA Twigs - Hide

Download (Wetransfer, expires in 7 days) [direct iPlayer source file, 320 .m4a]

called r+7 donkey kong music

lol + kinda accurate tbh + also could still be considered a compliment in my mind

like if someone described the album to me as "donkey kong country ost grows up & starts smoking weed & goes to a good liberal arts college" i'd be like "fuck yeah pop that shit on"

I can’t believe this guy made an entire album and massive ad campaign to troll me like this

he can't keep getting away with this

called r+7 donkey kong music

lol + kinda accurate tbh + also could still be considered a compliment in my mind

like if someone described the album to me as "donkey kong country ost grows up & starts smoking weed & goes to a good liberal arts college" i'd be like "fuck yeah pop that shit on"

There's a YT comment on one of the GoD videos that the album sounds like aliens tried to make human music out of PS1 demo disc menu music and that's honestly pretty accurate

Edited by WeAreOceans

There's a YT comment on one of the GoD videos that the album sounds like aliens tried to make human music out of PS1 demo disc menu music and that's honestly pretty accurate

yeah tbh i feel like that's the most immediate thing i gravitate towards with post-juno OPN releases: the fact that they sound like they've inherited tons of sonic tropes from 90s video game osts, but instead of being straight-up nostalgic they're more interested in taking those themes & branching out in different directions. Like I remember when r + 7 came out I was listening to it with my brothers on the back deck of my mom's house. when that ultra-artificial melodic line comes in at the end of "Zebra" my mom was like "wtf is this shit" - felt like there was a massive generational gap happening - in order to not parse those sounds as just dry midi noises, maybe you had to have had childhood memories of similar sounds evoking larger worlds.