IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - Age Of

someguy

Different musical preferences man. (Post incunabula) Ae doesn't scratch any musical itches for me, but OPN super does it for me. I need melodies and a heady atmopshere. OPN provides.

INSTABAN

lol

But in all seriousness, Autechre has tons of melody and occasional heady atmosphere. What Autechre doesn't have, is the attention span of a sexually abused goat like OPN. Not sure why he needs to change what's going on every 35 seconds. It's like audial channel surfing.

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

Nah Bulk. Nah.

:) <3

Edit: now that I reflect a bit, I'm sincerely happy people are enjoying his stuff. I loved Rifts. It's the critical acclaim and insane hype for all his albums I struggle to understand a bit. Although most importantly, people are enjoying his output, I'm still going to poo-poo a bit as that's in my nature. 

What Autechre doesn't have, is the attention span of a sexually abused goat

lol

True.

I like OPN tho.

Totally cool! I just don't like non-music that doesn't settle into a groove or anything. I guess I'm old fashioned. Call me old yeller and put me down out back I guess. =(

sorry edit: I know that doesn't apply to all his tracks. The ones that do settle into a groove often have really cringe (to my ears) vocal samples etc laid over them.

What Autechre doesn't have, is the attention span of a sexually abused goat

lol

True.

I like OPN tho.

Totally cool! I just don't like non-music that doesn't settle into a groove or anything. I guess I'm old fashioned. Call me old yeller and put me down out back I guess. =(

sorry edit: I know that doesn't apply to all his tracks. The ones that do settle into a groove often have really cringe (to my ears) vocal samples etc laid over them.

yeah, and I think this is a perfect example of folks having different tastes! Because I have this exact problem with Ae, and not at all with Opn.I have no problem finding a groove with OPN, but Ae is too abstract/metallic/glitchy for it to become "music" to my ears. For context with the ADD-ness, I am aware and happy about it. I like having a lot of ideas thrown at me, and examining them on repeated listens. My art background was "YouTube Poop" before I started making music, so it fits right in in my head

Awesome Ganus! I guess that's what these things are all about, watmm especially, everyone finding their niche. OPN has  a fairly large following though. Perhaps it will click with me more at some point in my life. At this point, I'm just happy you all are enjoying it. <3

StephenG fast on his way to becoming the most frequent poster in another OPN thread  :catface:

Anything I can do to help you count past what your fingers can help you visualize, :)

I know 10 is a big number buddy, you've got this!

great news, a fuck ton of great new releases on the horizon

innit? 2018 is off to a great start. 

ceephax, MoM, paradinas, we got these autechre sets to listen to. OPN for mostofyouguys. What else?

my bloody valentine

I didn't get into Garden of Delete (though Good Time OST evened things out) I really I'm still looking forward to this. The artwork is wikki-wikki-wicked!

Edited by beerwolf

• 3 weeks later...