IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - Age Of

someguy

Yeah, I was saying it. Except on the album it sounds like he's omitted a few notes.

Sounded to me like he put them back in for the live version.

There was an older and quite normal looking (but very London Cosmopolitan) couple sat next to me, they didn't seem like fans or anything. I wondered if they just bought tickets for random stuff at the Barbican. When Toys2 was in full flow they were smirking like mad.

There was an older and quite normal looking (but very London Cosmopolitan) couple sat next to me, they didn't seem like fans or anything. I wondered if they just bought tickets for random stuff at the Barbican. When Toys2 was in full flow they were smirking like mad.

awww that's sweet. Really diverse crowd from what I saw, likely some folks carrying on the party atmosphere from Pride earlier. Although for a sellout show, it was strange that there were six empty seats to the right of me!  :psyduck:

Yeah loads of empty seats everywhere, very weird for a sold out show.

I met Caze there and we just sat together. His seat was meant to be further back but yeah, surrounded by empties.

Again, sorry I couldn't seek y'all out - I only got into London very late afternoon, and with the short interval times and having to leave before the show ended, didn't seem like there was a decent opportunity to put names to faces and beers to mouths. Next time there's a shindig where watmm folks might congregate, I'll gladly get that first round in.  :beer:

yeah loads of empties the other side of the balcony around me as well, thought the same thing, ended up next to a weird fidgety Asian fella, someone who looked like they'd throw me off the balcony if I said Depeche Mode suck, and a guy who kept saying "Amazing!" at the end of every song

good times

Best live show I've seen, made me appreciate the album a whole lot more. 

Babylon has really grown on me too, although black snow is still meh 

After the massive applause for We'll Take It: "The record company is taking notes." Hoping the 12" version will be an extended take, but will likely just be same as album cut. Still seeing July 13th as the release date for it at several online outlets, but Warp have yet to formally confirm its existence...

Edited by jasondonervan

He was drumming through the majority of it. Only downed sticks for the encore.

Interesting. Hope someone books this setup for Australia soon (and it's also booked for a seated concert hall YES HELLO ASTRAL PEOPLE I'M TALKING TO YOU NO MORE SHITTY ROCK VENUES PLEASE)

i like reading opn interviews because he comes off like a synth dude who got really stoned at a party & started going "yo like wouldn't it be crazy if there was an album where *weird high concept idea*", and then he actually went & produced the album

Edited by Cryptowen

also the barbican is a cool af building. defs checking that place out if i ever go to london.

Yup, <3 the Barbican. Always cool shit going on there, a lot of the time for free.

Can just wander about there. Love that London has so many of these kinds of free art centres.

also the barbican is a cool af building. defs checking that place out if i ever go to london.

36660894_206471540012d3skf.jpg

Lush venue, one that has hosted special performances by two of my favourite artists: Aphex - a long overdue tick off the bucket list, and OPN - experiencing in a grand context far from those smaller scale sets seen over the years. How far we've come...

622379_10151021480638rkknc.jpg

And spi, please don't take my cuss regarding the long sleeve shirt to heart. I am a tall mutant for which such clothing doesn't do me any favours, and I would only have been buying it to wear while washing the car or something  :cat:

Hehe none at all taken. After first inspecting the merch stand I said to caze "I kinda want that white long sleeve and am also aware it's some terrible hipster shit, let's see how long it takes me to succumb" 

When he went to get another round in, I had it with me when he returned from the bar.

re: your 14yrs old comments, the last time I owned a white long sleeve tshirt I believe I was 13-14 and it was a Smashing Pumpkins Mellon Collie one.

Anyway here's a pic of the OPN one

jjUNHPZ.jpg

damn that shirt looks sick. I'd buy an inverted version on a black t-shirt—I'm a fatty and don't look good in a white t-shirt at all, which sucks because I have some great t-shirts like the oversteps one and a talking heads one that I just can't wear anymore lol

Well now...

jdstationissbh.jpg

The Station

Released 27/07/2018

Download

WAP424D

1 The Station

2 Monody

3 Blow by Blow

4 Trance 1

(Bleep page)

Hmm, so this is the same tracklist as the We'll Take It 12", but with The Station instead. Curious.

(Oh, and looks like "We'll Take It" 12" has been pushed out to the same date (July 27))

Edited by jasondonervan

so like is there someone designing the fonts for all these or are they being harvested from pre-existing media, a la the OPN logo shirt from when he toured with NIN, which was just the Korn logo with a few lines taken off

that is kinda weird, no demos or edits lying around they could fill a Station single release next to?

doesn't matter anyway because that cover art is fucking lush

and ty for the artist link, that guy does some cool shit. That Clouds EP still gets regular rotation from me.