IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - Age Of

someguy

i still have never listened to this album on speakers past track 2 before other people in the room (ie, gf) say umm nope at the gargling sounds or autotune.

in that sense its even more group unfriendly than 8hrs of new autechre

Man, I do not like the video for We'll Take It, but The Station is pretty great. Weird art style, kind of off-putting, but good

I've said this in other opn threads, but I am just really not a Boyce fan. I'm a fan of low- poly crappy 3d art, but most of his stuff just feels really dull and shallow. Empty stages with ugly 3d objects slowly moving around and morphing don't do it for me.

I don't always get Boyce, but I do like We'll Take It vid. Sort of like an algorithmic approximation of human fear and spectacle. There were a bunch of clips in the Myriad show that did just look like slow close ups of weird messed up 3d models though, didn't do much for me. Like Toys 2 just had some guy in a chair in a field? I don't get it.

But yeah love both vids, The Station is really claustrophobic and apocalyptic. Grey goo hell realm.

Edited by WeAreOceans

Right that's what I meant, I was sure it was still a thing but I fully accept I'm old and extremely out of touch, especially with hip hop/grime. Kinda why I thought after Black Snow we'd be getting a deconstructed hip hop thing.

But yeah weird phlegmy coughs are gonna put a lot of people off

watching that "we'll take it" video was the first time something from this album really hit me with that "whoa there's something different about this" feeling that i used to get so strongly from OPN's work

feeling like now i'm going to have to go back & listen to it all more carefully