IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - Age Of

someguy

I like his ideas actually. I have a lot in common with him in terms of upbringing and musical and intellectual influences and I know that sounds like fanboyism but it is very true.

I’m like the exact same age as him and have a lot of similar interests as well as similar media exposure growing up. it’s definitely not a situation where my distaste for his style is the result of not being there or whatever. I see the appeal, it just doesn’t appeal to me.

just heard commissions II and it just cements how much of a pisstake this album is compared to those tracks man, what went wrong lopatin?

Funnily enough I bought the download of this album along with the 12'' of Commissions II and I've heard the album twice (maybe 3 times skipping the awful vocal tracks and sighing on the inside) but Commissions II .... fuck me it might be the best I've heard this decade, just an incredible trilogy of tracks especially the closer. That EP is just something else.

also re: commissions II it's crazy that one of his best releases was barely promoted and treated as a throwaway

Yes.

Is rlly annoying that it isn't on youtube.. I tried to upload bullet hell abstraction I a while ago but got copyright striked.

Commissions I is rlly good too, I was rlly expecting lopatin to explore these insane sound tamgents more, but alas we got "black snow". (Im all for artists exploring new ground but this album is comparatively so, so shit)

i m o commissions 1 is the best things hes ever done. 3 perfect tracks.

with some oneohtrix work, i can appreciate it from a distance, like from a production perspective, but hardly ever want to put it on, especially with other people around.  commissions 2, garden of delete, and i think this new album fall into this latter camp.

Anyway, I spent the holidays among medieval cities, castles, ruins etc and couldn't get Age Of (the track, not the album) out of my head. 60mn of harpischord is what I want

It's an absolute ear worm and I love it. myriad.industries is cool too, like you fed a whole archive of harpsichord music to a machine learning algorithm.

Top notch interview, thanks for sharing! It's great to read him talk about other things than Rabelais and the glass house.

Makes me want to go see the Paris Myriad show even more!

If one of you is attempting the Paris concert hit me up ! I won't stay long after the gig because I'll have to take a plane very early in the morning but anyway it can be cool!

In particular, I get a huge kick out of him not obscuring the Mad TV skit samples with pitch or reverb like on the recording. It's hilarious to hear them "neat" and also the "Let us pray" intro. 

welltakeitjde5fjr.gif

Very fond memories of the Barbican show, and yes, I also appreciated the clean sample takes  :music:

I integrated the We'll Take It EP into Age Of in what I thought were good slots to make a 56 minute album for the runs. It's extremely orgasmic this way. Now that everything is fully integrated into the banks, I revisited the live show and I'm just floored by how well he pulls it off. It's hard to think of another electronic fella right now who is more committed to making the live show something beyond a playback event. Thanks jasondonervan for getting that excellent recording up from the Armory because it's only now that I can really appreciate it. You can tell by the tentative claps now that nobody was quite ready yet.  

In particular, I get a huge kick out of him not obscuring the Mad TV skit samples with pitch or reverb like on the recording. It's hilarious to hear them "neat" and also the "Let us pray" intro. 

track order pls