Sign in to follow this  
someguy

Oneohtrix Point Never - Age Of

in other news my cat used my opn tour shirt as a toilet, clearly she is not a fan

photo-18682.jpg?_r=1456230013

Korg > StephG

oof

Rude

In particular, I get a huge kick out of him not obscuring the Mad TV skit samples with pitch or reverb like on the recording. It's hilarious to hear them "neat" and also the "Let us pray" intro. 

welltakeitjde5fjr.gif

Very fond memories of the Barbican show, and yes, I also appreciated the clean sample takes  :music:

I integrated the We'll Take It EP into Age Of in what I thought were good slots to make a 56 minute album for the runs. It's extremely orgasmic this way. Now that everything is fully integrated into the banks, I revisited the live show and I'm just floored by how well he pulls it off. It's hard to think of another electronic fella right now who is more committed to making the live show something beyond a playback event. Thanks jasondonervan for getting that excellent recording up from the Armory because it's only now that I can really appreciate it. You can tell by the tentative claps now that nobody was quite ready yet.  

In particular, I get a huge kick out of him not obscuring the Mad TV skit samples with pitch or reverb like on the recording. It's hilarious to hear them "neat" and also the "Let us pray" intro. 

track order pls

h45sgexe8vuwspdnjzn4l5cpd.jpg

Myriad coming to Canada, 26th September.

Monument-National, 1182 St Laurent Blvd, Montreal, QC (Red Bull)

7 days til Tokyo

dmtuc6fxsaa_pfeh6frh.jpg

Noice promo, looks like some uber-clean Barbican footage

Japan merch

09041531_5b8e26c95c2cp9i5x.jpg

09041531_5b8e26d858a8edfh8.jpg

09041532_5b8e26e50f65n7d8r.jpg

09041532_5b8e26f29a03r1ik6.jpg

37563345_2299184076827hdhi.jpg

Edited by jasondonervan

The white and black tees are dope.

I'm still astounded by the artwork too, fucking awesome.

I have come to the conclusion that ambient shizz is what he’s best at but he’s really good at it.

trialog vol.3: SOUND, SPACE & UNIVERSE(S) - Creator talks event being held on Thursday 13th September 2018 (day after the Tokyo show) at CASE W (Shibuya) with OPN, Nate Boyce, Tetsuya Mizuguchi (Rez, Space Channel 5, Lumines... Sega Rally....). Sessions include 'a special presentation from MYRIAD', and 'All Over the Universe of OPN'.

cover-cbouhscvm42hr8th8fu5.png

01xldu4.jpg

02pdi5y.jpg

0390ejs.jpg

Venue

w159cni.jpg

w2d2clh.jpg

w34ii43.jpg

w59nihs.jpg

w6ggdkq.jpg

*clicking the burgers like an idiot over here

I'd really like to give those Nate Boyce tunes a listen. Hope we'll get to hear the Kaoss Edge-like sounds he was working on!

Seems like the Japanese show went down pretty well - full house by all accounts, with a lot of folks puzzled that there were enough fans of Oneohtrix to fill the place!

Most pictures are pretty similar to previous shows so won't add them here, but here's a couple from backstage by one of the dancers that makes them look like they bounced straight of a delinquent girls movie from the 70s

40522182_883352821854utik5.jpg

40386525_178145868863zseby.jpg

Edited by jasondonervan

Manifold sounds like it has a sample from J Dilla's Donuts? I think? The moaning that goes on midway through sounds like a track I can't put my finger on. Major similarities though.

Really really gutted, I can't attempt the Paris show because of work schedule...

PM me if you'd like to get my ticket, I'm selling it at 20€ (paid ~30€ initially).