IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - Age Of

someguy

That sucks if it's true. Rudnick did an excellent job with them.

Also, those weird voices inbetween songs say these things:

"Utopia, your mothers murderer. A hollow cell stands before you."

"Project soul; a sing drop, the stage of Elysium. She cannot let it go."

"The silence of the forest, engraved into history. A late medieval ballad (author unknown) will revolutionize the world. All in the name of true nature."

"Shadows to the void. Nature - reveal the storm, reveal the citadel."

"welcome back to the new nightmare. The moon shines brightly upon puppet. Held by the strings of his own captors."

"The raven laughs; transcending history and the world. For your greatest obsession. Is none other than yourself."

As for what any of that means, this stuff would make alot more sense if I could see what it's referring too, but since i couldn't see the LA M.Y.R.I.A.D show i'll just go off of what I know. 

The new nightmare refers to the age of Bondage, the fourth epoch of M.Y.R.I.A.D. Puppet is a character (in my eyes the protagonist) of this epoch. He can be seen in the black snow music video, and in that one OPN press shot. His "captors" I think refers to the nine squares, which are basically infinite beings of wisdom and power. M.Y.R.I.A.Ds gods pretty much. That's all I can explain, with any certainty. I can theorize about the other stuff but aaaa idk.

(P.S., if this long ass post breaks any guidelines I'm sorry, I'm super new 2 watmm xd)

Yeah the Barbican show had pretty basic info (I think it might have just been a printout, I don't 100% remember). And do not apologise for long winded posts, being an obsessive weirdo is v much encouraged here.

when will this album end. i think it is about time for us all to move on.

It already has! That M.Y.R.I.A.D show was the final one. The myriadic saga is over, with all the EPs being released, and all the M.Y.R.I.A.D shows being finished.

Really liked how narrative driven this release was, hope the next one continues that trend.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: Obtained scans of the quasi-libretto, soon to obtain a physical(!) copy. Anyone willing to help crop the scans? I don't have any software capable of doing these things. (Editing PDF files.) If you're able to help, please shoot me a dm on twitter! 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, o00o said:

I find it really hard to get into oneohtrix - what’s a good place to start?

depends on what you like if you enjoy boc then probs rifts and older stuff if u prefer ae then maybs commissions 1 or r+7

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, MIXL2 said:

depends on what you like if you enjoy boc then probs rifts and older stuff if u prefer ae then maybs commissions 1 or r+7

Thanks going to give this a try

1 hour ago, o00o said:

Is he singing on every release?

not at all, I only recall him singing once before, in this track, and it's a v different style from age of

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/6/2019 at 6:28 AM, o00o said:

I find it really hard to get into oneohtrix - what’s a good place to start?

i know this was already answered but i disagreed with the answer. I would say r+7 is the best starting place. It's (to my knowledge creeping forums and such) his most liked album, this is the best starting place. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1