IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - Age Of

someguy

i as i remember, the first OPN i heard was on watmm, from this video that jasondonervan posted of a clip from the memory vague memory vague DVD, and i got into it because it sounded like synthesizer steve reich

before that, i kept getting oneohtrix point never mixed up with space dimension controller for some reason

also

8 hours ago, Ivan Ooze said:
9 hours ago, KingBo0 said:
Why's that? :0

Mixl2 trippin 2 hard in space
I also agree r+7 is a solid starting

i mean so is replica or rifts surely? esp if you're more inclined into ambientish stuff from the start...

On 9/1/2019 at 9:32 PM, MIXL2 said:

where are u getting this from?

Whenever i ask someone what their favorite OPN album is, they almost always say r+7. That's just from personal encounters tho! I might be completely wrong.

24 minutes ago, KingBo0 said:
On 9/2/2019 at 6:32 AM, MIXL2 said:

where are u getting this from?

Whenever i ask someone what their favorite OPN album is, they almost always say r+7. That's just from personal encounters tho! I might be completely wrong.

Well thank god there actually is an objective authority on this issue 

Spoiler

decent 6

light 8

strong 8

i rest my case

I'm just messing with u... personally is actually my fav of his after memory vague I just still feel that is def not the best place to start for say, a person who enjoys boc way more than autechre... hell if someone is coming more from the synth/vaporwave side of things then probs eccojams is the best place to start

• 4 months later...

unsolicited opinion incoming.. but who else agrees with me that this is a stinker of an album?  ive revisited it multiple times since release, thinking it might click, but almost always am left with a worse impression.  the station and well take it are the only tracks i can really remember liking. as a fan of almost all his other works, i have to skip more than half the tracks on this one

Edited by markedone
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, markedone said:

unsolicited opinion incoming.. but who else agrees with me that this is a stinker of an album?  ive revisited it multiple times since release, thinking it might click, but almost always am left with a worse impression.  the station and well take it are the only tracks i can really remember liking. as a fan of almost all his other works, i have to skip more than half the tracks on this one

Yeah...he kind of lost me after R+7 to be honest.

40 minutes ago, Extralife said:
52 minutes ago, markedone said:

Yeah...he kind of lost me after R+7 to

I've said it since the start, although for me it was after GOD

15 minutes ago, dr lopez said:

i think it's actually better than gardens of delete. but they both kinda suck

i would give the edge to garden of delet mostly because i like child of rage, and the 'ballads' suck less than on age of, but basically feel the same

2 minutes ago, markedone said:
25 minutes ago, dr lopez said:

i think it's actually better than gardens of delete. but they both kinda suck

i would give the edge to garden of delet mostly because i like child of rage, and the 'ballads' suck less than on age of, but basically feel the

this is amazing to me.. what track on here is more engaging than mutant standard or freaky eyes? maybe yall mean the albums as a whole?? i dont get it

all subjective in the end I guess..

mutant standard is the best track from both albums but the rest... whatever

i've cooled on the post r+7 work considerably, especially after going through the early stuff.

Edited by dr lopez

32 minutes ago, MIXL2 said:

this is amazing to me.. what track on here is more engaging than mutant standard or freaky eyes? maybe yall mean the albums as a whole?? i dont get it

all subjective in the end I guess..

albums as a whole.  i was saying garden of delete is better on the whole, partly because its "ballads" (animals) suck less than babylon. and freaky eyes and mutant child are also great so im agreeing with you yeah