IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - Age Of

someguy

Garden of Delete was a supreme stinker.  This one is a step up from that but still, I just can’t listen to it all the way through.  It has moments where he demonstrates how cool his music could be if he could just stick to a clear artistic vision.  Overall, it sounds to me like the kind of stuff I make when I can’t decide where I want a track to go so I just keep adding completely conflicting elements and end up with an obfuscated mess that nobody can make sense of (which is the same feeling R+7 gives me).  Black Snow is the only track that I really like.

It seems like Daniel has been searching for a way forward from Replica for the past nine years and is still struggling.  I can’t really blame him since Replica was such a conceptual landmark, but he’s setting the bar too high for himself and I wish he would just calm down and just make what feels natural.  BOC have been suffering from a similar problem in the past decade.

Édit: Actually Last Known Image of a Song is probably the coolest track on the album.  I forgot about that one.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2020 at 3:48 PM, markedone said:

stinker of an album

Hard disagree. Not my favorite from him, but tracks like manifold, raycats, the title track, and Toys 2 are amazing. I think it might be a bit under appreciated tbh.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kennylogg Bubblebath said:

Soz pal. I still like R+7, just not as much as the others, esp. GoD. That's prob my favourite OPN ever. 

oh I mean you no harm. I actually brought a sandwich I made for you. Of the knuckle variety.

Edited by Brisbot

On 1/16/2020 at 6:45 PM, drillkicker said:

Garden of Delete was a supreme stinker

Black Snow is the only track that I really like

BOC have been suffering from a similar problem in the past decade

:facepalm:

edit: oh also

just keep adding completely conflicting elements and end up with an obfuscated mess that nobody can make sense of (which is the same feeling R+7 gives me)

probably the most smoothbrain takes I have read on watmm since fucking idk.. craig andersson? 

Edited by MIXL2

• 7 months later...

Must replay Garden of Delete, because I thought that was quite terrible and OPN is too good to have 'quite terrible' in his repertoire. Replica has really grown on me the last year or so. 

4 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Must replay Garden of Delete, because I thought that was quite terrible and OPN is too good to have 'quite terrible' in his repertoire. Replica has really grown on me the last year or so. 

Ah I love GoD

It definitely doesn't sound like anything else in his discography tho, that's for damn sure

• Like 1

On 9/21/2020 at 10:59 AM, someguy said:

Something new is coming...

Mentioned this in another thread - this shazams as "tales from the trash stratum" which is the same name as this sunset corp playlist

Probably due a new thread really, but new track Long Road Home premiered on Six Music tonight, sounds like a dreamier version of Age Of without all the GoD-style sounds in there. New album called Magic Oneohtrix Point Never?

14 hours ago, purlieu said:

Probably due a new thread really, but new track Long Road Home premiered on Six Music tonight, sounds like a dreamier version of Age Of without all the GoD-style sounds in there. New album called Magic Oneohtrix Point Never?

What did you think of it? Do you have a link maybe?

• 1 month later...