IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - Age Of

someguy

I wasn't initially hot on Black Snow, but I find myself listening to it on repeat today. The video is cool, but it makes me feel icky. (Not unusual for his vids tho)

I wasn't initially hot on Black Snow, but I find myself listening to it on repeat today. The video is cool, but it makes me feel icky. (Not unusual for his vids tho)

this same thing happened to me. went to sleep drunk not feeling it, woke up and have really seen more to it than initially. great hopes for the album. 

not liking opn at this point is kinda silly. the song is great.

Having an opinion is silly? Nope. Also, not liking a song doesn't equate to not liking a musician. Do you feel obligated to celebrate and defend every song in your favorite musicians' discography? Don't answer that.  Some of my favorite musicians have put out some lackluster showings throughout the years and there's nothing necessarily wrong with that. Typically it's with people who roll the dice, push themselves out of their comfort zone or are going through changes and are just being honest with themselves. I don't hate OPN, though I don't particularly enjoy him a whole lot either. Either way though this song fucking stinks.

Either way though this song fucking stinks.

Yeah great argumentation. Thanks. Edited by D4M0

Need to listen to this again but wasn't keen at all on the vocals. If the whole album is like that I don't think I'll jump on board. I expect it to be highly varied though so perhaps there is a lot better to come.

Loving that new single, really. Feels like a nod to Replica (my very favorite albums of his) and the Ford & Lopatin LP (which I also love), so it's all good to me.

Edited by Nil

:cisfor:

Just read the rollingstone interview. Lol at the little rant he gives, feeling the need to justify the fact that he made a "soundtrack for a movie that doesn't exist". Who gives a shit? 

Anyway, all album preview material looks and sounds good so far.

I would be far more afraid of a scenario where I'm restrained and have Danny threatening to drop the needle on Black Snow(extended mix) than any visit from that dollar store version of Freddy Krueger you just posted.

Feeling strongly about him either way is silly when he's been bringing the mehs for 3+ years.

I can still hear his talent and signature in everything he does though so that's good. Hopefully someday it will start resonating with me again.

Feeling strongly about him either way is silly when he's been bringing the mehs for 3+ years.

I can still hear his talent and signature in everything he does though so that's good. Hopefully someday it will start resonating with me again.

Yeah G.O.D. Is the definition of "bringing the meh" lol, it was aoty for almost everyone in 2015... Edited by D4M0

I just dreamt that I went to the Myriad show lol. OPN stood on scene and read poetry of his own. In between they played tracks which were awesome.

Then shit got weird : an alien laser beam which was part of the show turned people into melted cheese and the gig ended with an OPN remix of a popular french song (La Maladie d'Amour for those in the know lol)

I just dreamt that I went to the Myriad show lol. OPN stood on scene and read poetry of his own. In between they played tracks which were awesome.

Then shit got weird : an alien laser beam which was part of the show turned people into melted cheese and the gig ended with an OPN remix of a popular french song (La Maladie d'Amour for those in the know lol)

Michel Sardou / OPN collab imminent.

Yeah G.O.D. Is the definition of "bringing the meh" lol, it was aoty for almost everyone in 2015...

Could be confirmation bias, but... your post seems perfectly silly.

Loving that new single, really. Feels like a nod to Replica (my very favorite albums of his) and the Ford & Lopatin LP (which I also love), so it's all good to me.

Agreed with the Ford and Lopatin vibes.

Saw some smack being spoken on FB earlier today basically accusing oPN of ripping on Gaika whilst also making some character slurs. Feels like Mean Girls IDM

there actually is a Gaika track that sounds just like this. but that is okay because um electronic music lol

Another OPN itw with Dazed where he talks about the Myriad lore, collabs stuff like that. First paragraph is the same thing about that glassy house in the middle of nowhere but then he develops on something else!

http://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/39904/1/oneohtrix-point-never-age-of-interview?amp=1#click=https://t.co/35lanu6Sm6

Edited by StocKo

Another OPN itw with Dazed where he talks about the Myriad lore, collabs stuff like that. First paragraph is the same thing about that glassy house in the middle of nowhere but then he develops on something else!

http://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/39904/1/oneohtrix-point-never-age-of-interview?amp=1#click=https://t.co/35lanu6Sm6

Reminds me a lot of Amnesia Scanner's themes. In fact the whole "AI making sense of humans through data trash" is pretty much entirely Angels Rig Hook.