IGNORED

Skee Mask - Compro

fumi

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully he can ride the wave of the good vibes, keep his head down and keep the momentum up, ignore the 'difficult 3rd album' and maybe produce a classic. 

It's a very cool album but it seems the Skee Mask is being hyped a little. Time will tell.

i liked this album a lot but i'm not *that* moved by it. some excellent moments but I found it mostly forgettable. still one of the betters of the year.

This. Good music for sure but nothing groundbreaking IMHO.

• 2 weeks later...

but lil bit soulless

are you sure?

pretty sure the reason why I like this album so much is because of the simplicity of the arrangements and the atmosphere (is that soul?, for me yes)

but lil bit soulless

are you sure?

pretty sure the reason why I like this album so much is because of the simplicity of the arrangements and the atmosphere (is that soul?, for me yes)

Yeah bit harsh. Retracted.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Just revisited this one, damn fine album front to back.  It also has more variation than i remembered, with tracks like Muk FM lightening up the vibe after the more heady mid-section, and even jazz influence on the final few tracks.

Never got  around to listening to Shred, guess im finally ready to check that one out now.

• 6 months later...

If you are into cycling and you know of a crystal clear gentle downhill that lasts for six minutes and six seconds

And the weather is fine and clear, preferably early morning around the time when almost zero cars are on the road (which atm is a cyclists dream) 

I suggest you get to the beginning of your descent and just before you gently begin pushing on those pedals you gently push play on Dial 274, and prepare yourself for two-wheeled-magick

And the following track Vli is also perfect, so if you know of a twelve minute and one second downhill your in for even more of a treat ?

(check my maths ?)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived