Sign in to follow this  
Stickfigger

Autechre - Australia - 2018

Ae playing Dark Mofo in June @ Hobart

Demdike Stare, FIS, Merzbow, and Electric Wizard (i'm sure there is heaps of other good stuff but that jumped out).

Not sure what date they play exactly but its not listed as an exclusive gig so hopefully, they doing shows in Melb / Syd. Sean, pls... play Brisbane. Free weed, coffee, booze and cigarettes.

They playing on the 22nd

omfg a tour

yuop 18 pls

Glad you Aussies are going to get a chance to see them, how long's it been since they toured down there? I would think they'd do at least a few other shows if they're already going to be there, y'know? Hope it means maybe they'll be considering toUring elSewhere As well :)

This will be the third time Autechre have played in AUstralia. I saw them in 94 or 95 with a crowd of 40 people. Then again in 2015 and then in LA 2016 and will see them in Melb in June 2018!

Heart spasm at thread title. They better not just do Hobart, I agonisingly had to miss them last time round in 2010 (terrible work timing). Mel/Syd/Bris a must!

Still, can't help but evil grin at what they might concoct for Dark Mofo, an apt appearance.

Edited by Roo

Fuck yes

Brisbane please, but I’ll fly to Hobart too

someone record this

someone record this

considering how fucking good they were in 2010 it would be hard to justify not going again. it's very rare i go to gigs because i don't really enjoy live music much but ae are a special treat. hopefully i'll have money for this...

WHAT

I'm gonna buy a ticket to the dark mofo show just in case.

Big wattm airbnb hobart meetup?

Turn off da lights dark mofo!

Yeah I'm buying a DM ticket and just going to wait to see if they do Melbourne and Syd. Not sure how it works like whether they need to have some exclusive time to sell DM tix before announcing sideshows but not risking it !

I'm down.

Demdike Stare the night before and Haxan Cloak the night after, I mean that's reason to go to DM even if sideshows in Syd/Melb/wherever are announced.

funny how the best festivals in Aus steer well clear of Sydney, recognising it as unfriendly to anything except business interests. I think I want out of here.

Ugh I just blew a whole bunch of domestic credit by going to download festival ... buyers remorse indeed

DM hasn't marked this as an Australian exclusive show. Hoping for a Brisbane set!

This comes up in my final broke bi*ch uni year why 

Merzbow + Electric Wizard too damn

Demdike Stare the night before and Haxan Cloak the night after, I mean that's reason to go to DM even if sideshows in Syd/Melb/wherever are announced.

funny how the best festivals in Aus steer well clear of Sydney, recognising it as unfriendly to anything except business interests. I think I want out of here.

i'd love to see a survey of how many people our age and younger actually want to stay in sydney. there are lots of beautiful parts but my god it's dull. absolutely nothing going on culturally except for a few clubs which manage to survive despite ridiculous rents and high prices for food and drink. plenty of talented people but the conditions for a meaningful culture to grow from that are so friggin harsh that most people i come across want to go to melbourne or london.

it sucks even more to think about just how rad sydney was a few decades ago too :(

I'm down.

you bastards. I want in on that.

I'm banking on Melb show on the Saturday night . Meat Maiden , Beer Deluxe , autechre - who is in

i'd love to see a survey of how many people our age and younger actually want to stay in sydney. there are lots of beautiful parts but my god it's dull. absolutely nothing going on culturally except for a few clubs which manage to survive despite ridiculous rents and high prices for food and drink. plenty of talented people but the conditions for a meaningful culture to grow from that are so friggin harsh that most people i come across want to go to melbourne or london.

it sucks even more to think about just how rad sydney was a few decades ago too :(

Yeah, recently left Sydney and was so glad to be rid of the place. I adore Canberra, and the Moreton bay area of Brissy is prettily secluded. Melbourne has much more to sink your teeth into as well. Haven't lived in the other cities.