Autechre - Australia - 2018

I wouldn't mind having a meetup and post-drinks. I've got some local friends in Melbourne who are really into eclectic electronic music (but haven't heard of Autechre, eh?) might be coming along as well. Shaping up to be a good night.

I'm just hoping the guys don't come on stage too late. Seeing them at The Forum in Sydney back in 2010... doors at 6pm, Ae didn't hit the stage until midnight, with Rob Hall as warmup (pretty good) but he was getting jostled along by the crowd after his extended set went on too long. Might've been technical issues, or the theatre wanting the bar running as long as possible.. but ehhhh. I was too tired to get into the set by then. Kinda disappointing experience.

afaik it's pretty typical for headliners of electronic music gigs not to go on stage until midnight or after

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who's the hero who is going to finagle a way to snag some soundboards? I'm sure the bois won't mind if you just ask them...

A newbie, how cute

?

Who's the hero who is going to finagle a way to snag some soundboards? I'm sure the bois won't mind if you just ask them...

A newbie, how cute

?

The whole forum worked on that particular branch of crime for a significant period when there were no aestore in sight, with our own special agents in place.

Now... got any Quaristice or Oversteps soundboard around?

I was going to attempt a recording, but I kinda just want to go and have fun instead of worrying about whether or not I'm in the right spot for the mic to pick up the sound.. or being paranoid about the sound guy seeing my H1 sneakily plugged into the mixer..

Imagine being kicked out of an Ae concert for attempting to record the soundboard for WATMM

most IDM 2018

lol top gonk gonk! hahaha

on another note

yeah a bit of manwhoring never killed anyone, and what better than for an ae ticket!

when do you peoples reckon they'll go on 12ish? and how long for 1hr?

fkn hell imagine the whole show is just all end fucked to smithereens.

that track really scares me, it's like the ultimate ego cleansing mantra, it took me places man... i saw some shit.

yeah they wont go on before midnight. and most likely 1 hour, thats what theyve been sticking to for majority of the live gigs theyve done