IGNORED

Best Session 1 track?

thehauntingsoul

Best Session 1 track?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Which one gives you the biggest chub?

• t1a1
    • bqbqbq
    • debris_funk
    • l3 ctrl
    • carefree counter dronal
    • north spiral
    • gonk steady one
    • four of seven
    • 32a_reflected

l3 ctrl is too fucking good. Like a flame to this moth.

four of seven is probably my 2nd favorite but it barely even sounds like Autechre. Which is encouraging to me in a weird way, like they're increasing their breadth now. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn - I can't even decide on the best Oversteps track yet.

I'll help, it's treale

Wrong. They fucked up the first 70% of the track with really stupid annoying chords, and then the pretty shit finally comes in at the end and they squash it dead before it can go anywhere. Total let down.

Ok but Yuop

Acceptable answer.

I've listened to this more than a dozen times and I can't answer this question, but I have to say the proper way to hear north spiral is thru your torso.

BBQ is somehow profound.

better than elseq.  I want to hear this in a live venue

I'll help, it's treale

Wrong. They fucked up the first 70% of the track with really stupid annoying chords, and then the pretty shit finally comes in at the end and they squash it dead before it can go anywhere. Total let down.

IDIOT

I'll help, it's treale

IDIOT

Oh man, I can't wait for the next 3 polls

**dance all stripper like**

^^to be fair, this is mixed with a healthy dose of "white boy" dancing, so it looks nothing stripper like...

i enjoyed watching paint dry

also "session 1" for best track!

I'm in this camp still. I haven't decided what to buy yet so it's still all one big glob to me. I like it that way.

kinda surprised debris_funk isn't getting more wuv.

There either is and I failed to figure it out, or there should be a proportional representation option for the poll. I suspect debris_funk ranks highly on most people's list, it's just not at the top for anyone.

I'll help, it's treale

IDIOT

NUH UH

obv the bois are looking at this poll & now are gonna fukkk with us, the next session will just be 2 hours of carefree counter dronal (extended jamz version)

btw it’s a lush track tho ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

obv the bois are looking at this poll & now are gonna fukkk with us, the next session will just be 2 hours of carefree counter dronal (extended jamz version)

btw it’s a lush track tho ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

o_O' ...

k, switching back to l3, that leaves a 50% chance of 2 hours of debris should they go contrarian and another 50% of l3 against four of seven in case they choose the crowd pleasing ways!

3574661251943_E_1_4.jpg

four of seven is taking over for me... lots more depth there than it first seemed. At first it just sounded like Arpanet to me but now I'm hearing Raymond Scott midway through and there's something really special going on with that exquisitely tuned reverb drawing me in. Feels like a distant but very active lightning storm and slowly going down a tunnel full of lurid debris suspended in midair and an unblinking iris at the same time. Also it makes me wanna move like nothing on elseq did. 

Archived