IGNORED

Best Session 1 track?

thehauntingsoul

Best Session 1 track?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Which one gives you the biggest chub?

• t1a1
    • bqbqbq
    • debris_funk
    • l3 ctrl
    • carefree counter dronal
    • north spiral
    • gonk steady one
    • four of seven
    • 32a_reflected

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

four of seven is taking over for me... lots more depth there than it first seemed. 

I was going to go with 'north spiral' until I heard the second half of 'four of seven'

but man 32a_reflected is so fucking lush too 

they could put out a completely beatless / percussion lacking ambient / drone album and still spank most of the "big names" in those genres

they could put out a completely beatless / percussion lacking ambient / drone album and still spank most of the "big names" in those genres

probably going to end up making a playlist of all the beatless tracks from these sessions and gonk out to it daily

If you tied me up in a chair at gun point and told me you'd shoot me if I bobbed my head, and then put on gonk steady one I would get shot.

lol tru

but man 32a_reflected is so fucking lush too

probably going to end up making a playlist of all the beatless tracks from these sessions and gonk out to it daily

Pretty sure to gonk, one must hath teh sick beats. There's still TWO. MORE. SESSIONS. though so they could prove me wrong.

l3ctrl and gonk initially stuck out to me (and still do) but I'm quickly going all in on bqbqbq. It's fucking magical. The balance of the main bleep thing and the pads is perfect harmony.

Yah. Mine is already started. Thinking we'll get a full CD's worth by the end.  e0 i'm giving a waiver too on the beat as its certainly borderline ambient.

l3ctrl and gonk initially stuck out to me (and still do) but I'm quickly going all in on bqbqbq. It's fucking magical. The balance of the main bleep thing and the pads is perfect harmony.

=D

The more I listen to this session, the more bqbqbq stands out as a real highlight. Funny that it kind of annoyed me upon first listen... And now I see it as fitting right beside some of AE's most beautiful tracks.

=D

The more I listen to this session, the more bqbqbq stands out as a real highlight. Funny that it kind of annoyed me upon first listen... And now I see it as fitting right beside some of AE's most beautiful tracks.

This. Its melody takes some time to start to sink in, sort of like how IO sounded like a big awkward mess the first time I heard it.

the one with lots of reverb

from the donervan vid I now know this one is called l3 ctrl, the bit from 9:31 on specifically is miles ahead of anything else in this set for me

I don't really have a favorite, but I voted for t1a1 because it sounds as if it's seconds from becoming Zeiss Contarex from ep7, which is an epic tease yet somehow satisfying all the same.

It's being said a lot but it deserves repetition: l3 ctrl is fucking great. About 11-13 minutes when shit starts detuning, then the high melody comes in afterwards, then the drums are just in shambles falling apart for the rest of the track...it's all just a melty gooey lovely delicious sexy track.

=P

bqbqbq hits me hard in the feels.

Debris_funk, while incredibly menacing and fairly dense... Just doesn't hit me as intensely as bqbqbq does. Not that I don't love debris... Because I do - it's an awesome track...

But I see why bqbqbq might effect more people.

=P

Anyway... NTS1 is such a great opener for this collection. It's as fitting as an opening as 4 is for an end.

I really think they did a great job with the tracklisting/arrangement of songs throughout the entire 8 hours.

Yeah, maybe these polls should have been multi-vote? l3 ctrl--carefree counter dronal and gonk steady one--32a reflected seem to be my favorite sections.

No regrets about voting gonk steady one 3 weeks ago though. On my most recent NTS1 listen I again caught myself cranking it up on that one twice before it even reached the halfway mark.

Archived