IGNORED

Jean Grae & Quelle Chris - Everything's Fine

Ivan Ooze

Both videos were cool, especially enjoyed the second though. This is my first time ever hearing of Quelle Chris, seems like a cool producer rapper and a good fit for Jean. Cool thread Ivan.

Finally listened to this start to finish and it's great. Jean especially, and the beats sound like they were meant to be rapped over by her. There's a new King Queen of weirdo rap. 

Definitely. Also, looked at the cover and wasn't sure if it was just a goofy display but a quick googling reveals she's literally married to the beat,

jty.gif

so that means a lot more quality material on the way. 

• 2 months later...

probably the first hip-hop (is it even?) album i ever liked, gotta mean something, right? not too interested in what they're singing about as it looks like it's the general irl/contemporary issues/social commentary stuff spiced with some kind of juvinel-ish humor that i don't really need in my music, but sonically it's pretty great. this boomy and dusty groove is really quite psychedelic.

This is badass, glad to see her name as well, been awhile since I listened to her. Interesting tidbit: her parents are both figures from the South African jazz community.

Archived