• violvoic
    • sinistrailAB air
    • wetgelis casual interval
    • e0
    • peal MA
    • 9 chrO
    • turbile epic casual, stpl idle

elyc9 7hres

Really missed this vibe. also groove work is pretty original. it is like awesome techno track from the future. Previously i spotted such rythmic moods in Untilted tour soundboards then Tankakern strain — not just in your face 4/4 stuff. Really glad they still visit such territories.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who was the trump besides me that woted for 6/8?!

Hehe... I had six of eight on repeat last night while falling asleep. It was doing my head in. Couldn't get enough of it. Took me over an hour to fall asleep... Then I kept waking up and hearing these magical sounds...

I still can't pick a favorite... It seems to change every few hours...

=X

i also wanna express my appreciation of the interludish tracks surrounding e0.

they help the overall flow of this album tremendously (most complete "album"-feel as in: "one big ass story in multiple acts" since LP5 imo (although quaristice up to 3/4 was very potent in that regard, too)) and each one is a treat in itself.

especially diggin the ending of sinistar into wetgelis atm, top 5 album moment.

I love most of both these sessions, but what are people enjoying about e0? Genuinely curious, as I can’t see anything in it and it would have stood out to me as the least good track of these sessions but others are referring to it as best. I love long form, single/steady-form state Autechre (tracks eastre and subrange 6-36), but e0 just doesn’t seem sonically or atmospherically interesting enough to me to justify its length and lack of change. Maybe it’s just because I don’t like the sounds/notes too much...

So many good tracks in this session though! :-O

Yeah e0 is one of the most beautiful tracks they have ever done..I'm still no where near being able to pick a fav track from this but e0 would be up there for sure.

Also Turbile epic deserves more love

Yeah e0 is one of the most beautiful tracks they have ever done..I'm still no where near being able to pick a fav track from this but e0 would be up there for sure.

I'm with Lianne on e0...it's lovely but just doesn't go anywhere or do much to hold me there (at least in the first 10 minutes, nothing much seems to happen). Still early on obviously so it just may take some time to grab me.

I remember in the NTS chat when turbile epic started I said "if this goes on for 20 minutes and is the last track, that's okay) and it did an I'm okay :) Especially since the ending really turns things and closes out in a strange place...seems almost like a separate track they just combined almost? Even the naming of the track seems to imply that: turbile epic casual, stpl idle

Here's a crazy thought though....what if we get the non-casual version of turbile epic  :w00t: 

I love most of both these sessions, but what are people enjoying about e0?

It is beautiful, it makes me float alone somewhere at the end of the universe.

I wrote somewhere else I wished for some more melodic variety, but still it's 9.5/10.

dummy casual pt2 is soft in the head, it's a hudmo song sieved thru an autigre reverb patch and played on iphone speakers

Ban pls

but i love all of those things about it

I love most of both these sessions, but what are people enjoying about e0?

It is beautiful, it makes me float alone somewhere at the end of the universe.

I wrote somewhere else I wished for some more melodic variety, but still it's 9.5/10.

I think it's something like in not changing too much it gives you a chance to really immerse in the sound, switching your attention from one sound to another and notice how they change subtly.

I was loving it this afternoon on a mong over then I noticed the slowly evolving bell tones and it just broke me.

I love most of both these sessions, but what are people enjoying about e0? Genuinely curious, as I can’t see anything in it and it would have stood out to me as the least good track of these sessions but others are referring to it as best. I

I'm with Lianne on e0...it's lovely but just doesn't go anywhere or do much to hold me there (at least in the first 10 minutes, nothing much seems to happen).

I think e0, aside from being aggressively beautiful, is going to have staying power/viewed as a masterpiece because of subtlety constant shifting. The three elements are shifting/playing off each other.  I believe it's probably a generative track where the interplay is really small, but its unquestionably there. I don't believe there are two four bar sets anywhere in the fifteen minutes that are identical.  Both the gorgeous melody thing and bass plops shift and adds pitches basically every iteration.  The chime is shifting both in pitch and place in stereo field.  I strongly suspect they are all tied together and its got some sort of equilibrium somewhere. Obviously something new kicks in around 13:00.

Agree..was listening to e0 last night as I drifted off to sleep and my half awake brain kept tracking different parts and the shifts between them.. It is subtle for sure but not only is this track gorgeous there is actually a lot more going on than there 1st seems.

I can't stop smiling reading everyone's impressions. 

By the end - I think each of us will be able to put together an 80 minute album that encompasses all of our favorite tracks from these sessions, and we'll each have a different hour long album put together that just... blows everything out of the water in each of our brains...

Answering what I enjoy about e0...

the slow transitions and gradual changes throughout the whole thing... I... can't put it into words... 

But every few minutes, I find something new about the track that I completely fall in to... It's... 

Hmmm...

The minimal changes that happen throughout seem to highlight a different sound within the mix, and it... 

It's just completely crazy how every time I've listened to it so far, something different stands out as one of my 'favorite' parts. 

It reminds me of eastre... and how I wouldn't like what I was listening to the first 2 minutes, but then would be completely immersed in the track a few minutes later... 

Funny how audio that is entering your ears one minute might not click with you, but a few minutes later, you can be completely overtaken by it. 

I think that's why I love these longer tracks so much. 

The changes that happen inside of your head and change your perspective, even after only a couple of minutes, can change your perceptions of the sounds you're hearing. 

Great shit...

maybe i'm just talking out of my ass...

I wouldn't be surprised... 

it happens a lot... 

No dude, I think you are a bang on.

It's all subjective tho, no one can tell you you're talking out your arse.

That said eastre never clicked with me. Maybe I never gave it the chance to really tho.

Still can’t make up my mind on this

Every day I come into this thread believing I’m going to vote for violvoic

But then some other track in the session blows my mind as I’m listening and I temporarily believe it to be my favorite

Still can’t make up my mind on this

Every day I come into this thread believing I’m going to vote for violvoic

But then some other track in the session blows my mind as I’m listening and I temporarily believe it to be my favorite

IKR...

=P

Such a great album, and it's only 1/2 released...

=X

Archived