• wetgelis casual interval
    • e0
    • peal MA
    • 9 chrO
    • turbile epic casual, stpl idle

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

turbile is something very special. Listening to it yesterday on a walk along an empty stretch of beach, a cool fog coming in from the sea and the sun shining through a thin, high layer of clouds. Felt like i was on another planet.

violvoic is, and I'm being one hundred percent literal here, shaking my portable headphones so hard that they're shifting around on my ears. Never done this with anything I've ever listened to with them...and I've been using these things for ~5 years. Sennhesier PX 200-II if you want to recreate this experience for yourselves.  :emotawesomepm9: 

The first 1:20 of dummy casual pt2 sounds like it belongs on Front 242's Geography (which is fucking incredible) but then that martial machine 8th note clap comes in and relentlessly goose steps all over the rest of the track :(

The first 1:20 of dummy casual pt2 sounds like it belongs on Front 242's Geography (which is fucking incredible) but then that martial machine 8th note clap comes in and relentlessly goose steps all over the rest of the track :(

Dunno think it's a punchy touch, at that moment i'm like yeah booi, makes it slightly absurd in its party ways

• 2 weeks later...

I said this about elseq too but while listening to Ae I've not known any track names since exai so I can't vote. It's just big chunks of music now, no idea what they're called. Ae giving their tracks bullshit names I think is part of the point. 

I put on Session 2 but now violvoic is about to come on and all I can think of is "I can't handle that right now" which I think says a lot about that track. So yeah it's probably the best.

While i still feel like an asshole having to choose a single track from this flawless bunch not voting at all for my fav NTS feels even worse so i'll just go with 6/8 for the moment because emo af. violvoic = destroyer of worlds tho, no doubt. also fucking elyc... and tuf! i mean... shit, can't even D:

• 1 month later...

I heard some proto-violvoic in the last third or quarter of Katowice. This may have already been brought up, I can't remember. Also there was a synth line around the same time that showed up somewhere in NTS.

Archived