IGNORED

birds

dingformung

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

we get lots of avian action at my place, including hummingbirds that dive-bomb me if I get too close to their sugar water. there are a few golden finches and a wren that come round my backyard all the time to hit up the birdfeeder, and they are all total bastards about it. they pick out all the berries and kick everything else to the ground. we go through that feed so damn fast. good lookin little birbs though.

these look like an alien race

86178919-shoebill-a-ugly-bird-in-wild.jp

dude, saw these on Planet Earth, my toddler giggled when he saw them, they are so cartoon-y - ended up fast-forwarding b/c of some animal pecking order shit

close relatives to Dodos IIRC

dude, saw these on Planet Earth, my toddler giggled when he saw them, they are so cartoon-y - ended up fast-forwarding b/c of some animal pecking order shit

One sad fact about these birds tho: Usually when they raise a couple of kids they at some point decide which one is the strongest and neglect the other ones until they die from hunger or get pecked to death by the strongest chick

One sad fact about these birds tho: Usually when they raise a couple of kids they at some point decide which one is the strongest and neglect the other ones until they die from hunger or get pecked to death by the strongest chick

yep that's when I started fast forwarding the Planet Earth bit - it was showing the stronger chick beat up the other one who tried to find comfort in the mom but was ignored. 

birds are brutal - there's a subreddit called "natureismetal' and the most fucked up ones are bird on bird attacks - the whole dino connection is pretty apparent when you start looking at their behavior