IGNORED

birds

dingformung

30 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

This was on the night of the giant storm... Maybe they were standing on the lightning rod when it got hit? 

I don't know, could be, though I've heard that their feet protect them against electricity somehow, it's why they can sit on transmission towers. Birds' heart rate can change really quickly and can go up to extremes. Could be that they had a collective heart attack caused by something that really scared them, maybe an extremely loud noise.

9 minutes ago, dingformung said:

I don't know, could be, though I've heard that their feet protect them against electricity somehow, it's why they can sit on transmission towers. Birds' heart rate can change really quickly and can go up to extremes. Could be that they had a collective heart attack caused by something that really scared them, maybe an extremely loud noise.

Yeah makes sense I've never heard lightning bolts that loud... 

I guess half of the flock pissed off and the other half died. Pretty sad considering they have strong emotional bonds to each other. When one part of a canary bird couple dies the other one usually dies soon after from sadness. Let's hope that the wild birds aren't such pussies

• Like 1

somehow i already knew this but i forgot, it's the same as if we touched an electrical socket, but somehow we don't touch the ground, we'll not supply a path for the electricity to flow, therefore not getting electrocuted... i guess we're better conductors than copper...

• Like 1