IGNORED

birds

dingformung

FB_IMG_1663104108204.thumb.jpg.87aa80821569cd1624a28769271d3759.jpg

I found this little fellow lost on my ship... he probably got in when we departed and now we're in the middle of the ocean and he cannot find his way home and he's probably starving and thirsty af... he let me pet him for a while but when I tried to hold him he was strong enough to fly away but he ended up coming back to the ship... don't know if he survived until we reached land... :cattears:

it's so fucked up seeing animals realizing that they're gonna die just standing there waiting for death to come and get them... :catghost:

• Like 3
  • Sad 5

14 hours ago, iococoi said:

the struggle

Nice, love how dicey that brick roll looks. The confidence at raising the lid just screams I've done plenty like it. The falling lid almost wipes out the accomplice.

When the lid bangs they must have an "oh crap" moment hoping no one noticed. They'll deal with that too in time.

Something therapeutic about these videos (unless you were a beak dentist or resident). I used to live in these areas and those birds are plague-like. The smaller red bin are the general household waste usually picked up weekly. Imagine if they tried to open your yellow recycling lid for some misplaced goodies, could out you as a grub to the whole street ?

some more:

• Big Brain 1

9 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

I found this little fellow lost on my ship... he probably got in when we departed and now we're in the middle of the ocean and he cannot find his way home and he's probably starving and thirsty af... he let me pet him for a while but when I tried to hold him he was strong enough to fly away but he ended up coming back to the ship... don't know if he survived until we reached land... :cattears:

it's so fucked up seeing animals realizing that they're gonna die just standing there waiting for death to come and get them... :catghost:

merlin id it as a female Western Tanager

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Western_Tanager/overview

297084461-1280px.jpg

Backyard Tips

Although they don’t typically eat seeds, Western Tanagers may eat dried fruit, freshly cut oranges, and other fresh fruit at bird feeders. If you live in a wooded area within this bird’s range, providing moving water or a birdbath or pond may help attract them to your yard.

may be you can put out some fruit and stuff... and freshwater. :catsalute:

Edited by iococoi
  • Like 2

On 9/13/2022 at 11:19 PM, iococoi said:

merlin id it as a female Western Tanager

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Western_Tanager/overview

297084461-1280px.jpg

may be you can put out some fruit and stuff... and freshwater. :catsalute:

too l8 m8... never saw him again...

it's not the 1st time this happened... once there was a biig storm and one got inside my cabin... I made a nest out of I don't know what now and smashed some apple with my mouth and put some water to see if he survived... next day he was dead... :catghost:

Edited by cruising for burgers
  • Sad 1

State of the World’s Birds 2022

https://www.birdlife.org/papers-reports/state-of-the-worlds-birds-2022/

The data paint a deeply concerning picture – nearly half of all bird species are in decline, with more than one in eight at risk of extinction. The pressures causing these declines are well understood, and the vast majority are driven by human actions. The challenges to conservation are escalating, and time is running out. The coming years will be the ‘critical decade’ to act.

• Sad 3

On 9/13/2022 at 2:27 PM, cruising for burgers said:

@beerwolfu have a place reserved 4 u in hell bruv...

• Thanks 1

I apologise. It’s a nice day. I decided to make light of a heavy post, to be honest I wasn’t even paying too much attention. I’ll change it just for you, so you can relax. And hopefully I won’t burn in Hell. 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...