IGNORED

The guide to Autechre

wredny

I was confused whether the NTS sessions were just them or also artists they liked, I'm an idiot lol. None of the NTS stuff has grabbed me yet but it's cool they're releasing miscellaneous stuff that doesn't fit into something tidy like an album

sometimes I get annoyed when articles try to say 'this is glitchy shit' just in a larger amount of words, but I like this

“Cfern” in particular has the feeling of multiple songs, in different keys and rhythms, playing in browser tabs you can’t find – with new ones popping up as you whack-a-mole the exit buttons. 

He clearly digs it and has avoided the sort of obvious clichés I would use. I disagree more with his track choices but I couldn't do better, different people find different things in different, uh, things.

It's as good a place to start as any pretty much.

Yeah it's become very clear well going through these AE threads that everyone enjoys different things in different tracks and was pulled into AE through different songs that finally clicked with them...

While I saw this article as more of a "this is how I connect with Autechre" piece, I don't know if any article about AE could be anything other than that... Trying to put together a "how to get into Autechre" piece seems pretty trivial in my mind... But it is always nice seeing any website bring more attention to the duo.

=P

I recently shared my AE collection with a friend and told her that if she wound up liking it, it would be a totally personal thing. I didn't tell her where to start, or what to listen to first (outside of saying that the albums and eps were where she probably should devote most of her attention to at first). She's would up going in chronological order and said that Chiastic Slide really clicked with her while she was walking through the grocery store trying to avoid people.

=P

And now she wants to go back and listen to everything she's already listened to in the hopes that she'll hear things she didn't hear the first time around.

<shrug>

The cover looks empty, which is the feeling that a lot of the music on that record conveys, that it was a zone without people.

A zone without people, huh? ;)

Archived