IGNORED

Dungeon Synth

Ivan Ooze

Friend of mine is really into this stuff, even made me some mixtapes of Dungeon Synth. A lot of 0PN's recent stuff seems to be coincidentally sounding a lot like this stuff too.

The guy behind Burzum is a full on neo-nazi

He's not though

Not a Nazi but still a white supremacist who thinks white Europeans came from Atlantis via Thule 10,000 years ago. Convicted arsonist and murderer. To call him a Neo-Nazi is inaccurate but it's not an unfair label either.

He's a very intelligent asshole. Kind of person who makes for thought provoking interviews and is personable but also says things that are morally and intellectually trash. Take him a with a grain of salt.

Edited by joshuatx

There's one 90s era demo tape of dungeon synth I heard, I think this is it but I feel like there's another, that's really heavy on new age and 90s earth / environmental electronic downtempo music vibes (deep forest, enigma, certain FSOL albums, etc) ...very much vaporwave sample fodder.

• Like 1

There's one 90s era demo tape of dungeon synth I heard, I think this is it but I feel like there's another, that's really heavy on new age and 90s earth / environmental electronic downtempo music vibes (deep forest, enigma, certain FSOL albums, etc) ...very much vaporwave sample fodder.

i guess this stuff is interesting from a 'how the fuck was this produced' perspective

literally designs an original 90's style soundcard to make the music

• 3 months later...

There's some fairly interesting previously unreleased prison-era Burzum floating around

https://www.facebook.com/BurzumMuseum/videos/291745004744409/

Some of it isn't "dungeon synth" but it's fairly atmospheric 

χψμοπηανε?? That's hardly even pronouncable lol... moron. Sounds pretty nice tho.

That Burzum stuff sounds like someone taking dungeon synth and doing a needless "techno" OverClocked ReMix of it. Curious and weird stuff nonetheless. 

The Uruk-Hai / Burzum is quite interesting I wasn't aware Varg actually had access to guitar briefly in jail. 

That Burzum stuff sounds like someone taking dungeon synth and doing a needless "techno" OverClocked ReMix of it. Curious and weird stuff nonetheless. 

The Uruk-Hai / Burzum is quite interesting I wasn't aware Varg actually had access to guitar briefly in jail. 

He didn't afaik. Mind the "88-94", the Uruk-Hai demo is from the former time period.

He didn't afaik. Mind the "88-94", the Uruk-Hai demo is from the former time period.

I was going off Varg's comments from the video, maybe I misread

Wow. I have not heard this in a long time.... In fact, I had forgotten all about this. It must be from a recording I did in Bergen prison in 1994, on a 4-track studio (cassette-player large) that I was allowed to have (along with my now lost  guitar) for a very short time in my cell. At least I used that time well, and recorded this.

What a shit hole that prison was. One of those fancy new prisons, completely void of spirit and where everyone is treated with clinical hatred. I spent one year in almost total isolation there, before they sent me to Ila Prison.

Thanks for letting me listen to these track again. So many memories.

I was going off Varg's comments from the video, maybe I misread

Wow. I have not heard this in a long time.... In fact, I had forgotten all about this. It must be from a recording I did in Bergen prison in 1994, on a 4-track studio (cassette-player large) that I was allowed to have (along with my now lost  guitar) for a very short time in my cell. At least I used that time well, and recorded this.

What a shit hole that prison was. One of those fancy new prisons, completely void of spirit and where everyone is treated with clinical hatred. I spent one year in almost total isolation there, before they sent me to Ila Prison.

Thanks for letting me listen to these track again. So many memories.

I see. My guess is he's referring to the "B-side" only without being specific. Uruk-Hai is pre-Burzum.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...