IGNORED

Autechre page from 1997 is still online wtf

BobDobalina

Autechre is bringing us music of outstandig quality, but for some it's difficult to like their music. You can call their music 'music de la concrète'. Autechre (or AE) continues the experiments by Stockhausen years ago, but there is one difference: Autechre is music. Real music. When you hear it for the first time you'll think: only sounds, no music. The destiny of Autechre is to entertain you, that's what you can read at the covers of the group from Manchester. Listening to Autechre is something you have to learn. Learn it you wíll find entertainment.

This is probably older than some of you lil shits.  Somehow it's still online.  Props to Dutch ISPs and the Fredscape Collective for their cyber fortitude. Cavity Job review is a personal favourite.

http://www.cybercomm.nl/~teccie/technopage/autechre

EP7 turned out to be one their most-played albums for me.

i only had the vinyl for long time then one day heard the CD at a friend's place and "GOT DAMMNIT" i been missing these other tracks for years. 

Whoa.

At Warp, Autechre will release a new single, called EP7. It's not clear yet when it'll be released.

Shit, is this out yet?

Mail me with your additions!

reimer_eising@hotmail.com
*prints AE_SUBFORUM to PDF and emails*

​Chiastic Slide: 10+

Who needs Pitchfork?

Reimer?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vIlIK0zUKo4

i only had the vinyl for long time then one day heard the CD at a friend's place and "GOT DAMMNIT" i been missing these other tracks for years.

do you mean you only had one of the 12”s?

when reviews where actually about the music and no gibberish talk

"
The album Tri Repetae is very good, but difficult! It's not like Amber or Incunabula, it's more futuristic, more cubistic. But when you listen carefully you'll discover wonderul melodies and incomprehensive beats.
"

So the author of this WWW page is the artist Kettel? mind = blown with entertainment

First it's Mira Calix setting up an Oversteps tent for lazy mike 'n rich and now this :o))

still laughing about the plone fan site

Must be tough to keep up to date

I miss Plone, they'd be perfect on Ghost Box  :sad: 

(p.s. for those that weren't aware - There was a second album - Youtube playlist )

RY30 is an absolute treasure off that. Others are between a hit or a miss. Plone's first album is 100% top notch if you can find it.

edit: just listened to the whole thing. That was a really well done album. I thought it sounded unfinished at first but after it finished I thought the quality was perfect for the texture they were going for. Holy crap they could have been huge by today if that one guy from Warp didn't pass away.

do you mean you only had one of the 12”s?

I need closure on this

edit: just listened to the whole thing. That was a really well done album. I thought it sounded unfinished at first but after it finished I thought the quality was perfect for the texture they were going for. Holy crap they could have been huge by today if that one guy from Warp didn't pass away.

I miss Rob too - I wonder what Warp would be like nowadays with his voice in the direction the label took

• 1 year later...

Archived