hijexx

https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/10043

Event: RECORD STORE DAY 2018
Release Date: 4/21/2018
Format: 12" Vinyl
Label: Razor & Tie Industries
Quantity: 1000
Release type: RSD Limited Run / Regional Focus Release

Rare, near-mythical remixes by Aphex Twin and The Prodigy lead this 25th anniversary clear vinyl edition - in special, numbered artwork - of Jesus Jones' prediction of the rise of social media. Zeroes + Ones (Instrumental) is previously unreleased on any format, and this is the first time all other tracks have been repressed on vinyl for 25 years.

A1: Zeroes + Ones via Aphex Twin, Reconstruction 1 - 08:01 / A2: Zeroes + Ones via Aphex Twin, Reconstruction 2 - 05:50 // B1: Zeroes + Ones via The Prodigy - 05:43 / B2: Zeroes + Ones via themselves, instrumental - 03:42

Rare, near-mythical remixes

this is the first time all other tracks have been repressed on vinyl for 25 years

UKHFy7z.png

lol

i just love record store day

When you say love, you actually mean detest, then yeah, me too

Rare, near-mythical remixes

this is the first time all other tracks have been repressed on vinyl for 25 years

UKHFy7z.png
lol

i just love record store day

When you say love, you actually mean detest, then yeah, me too

What’s not to love about unnecessary reissues, novelty picture discs, and gimmicky 7”s that clog up pressing plants and push back independent releases by current, new, and rising talent?

I think the "near mythical" part refers to the (in)famous stories around Richard simply renaming one of his thousands of tracks as a "remix" and getting paid loads for them...

I had a near-mythical shit this morning. I'm pressing the field recording to vinyl. Limited to 5 copies, $250 each. Preorders come with a signed polaroid of the shit itself. 

Brown vinyl I hope

I think the "near mythical" part refers to the (in)famous stories around Richard simply renaming one of his thousands of tracks as a "remix" and getting paid loads for them...

I don't. I think it's just a load of marketing bollocks made up by some idiot hipster who's probably never even listened to the music.

The real value of RSD: chuds endlessly trading Bowie and Prince picture disc represses back and forth over discogs, until they cause the next wave crash of vinyl sales and people move on to fetishizing over Jamiroquai and George Michael MiniDiscs instead.

Archived