IGNORED

Avicii has passed away at age 28

KovalainenFanBoy

Heard the guy's liver was absolutely fucked up from too much drinking and drugs and was warned about it. That is ridiculously young to go out :(

Hope that was something else...I'm really concerned about my health being more or less of his age and heavily not giving up drinking y'know...

I remember DJ Rashad's death caused many i-need-to-slow-down-a-bit-with-that-shit confessions back in the day...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pancreatitis happens to heavy drinkers quite often regardless of age.  the booze can ruin a person pretty quickly.. it's true though as someone said.. some people have a hard constitution and can abuse themselves for along long time and their bodies remain resilient.  those edm people do a shit ton of shows every year. th etravel alone would kill me. i guess it's a cash grab while the offers are there.. but 200 or 300 gigs in a year and partying too? fuck that. you're gonna die unless you're bukowski or hunter thompson or Lemmy. 

28 years old.. damn. too young. it's a bummer.  he probably had a lot to look forward to if he'd not fucked himself up. i mean.. at 28.. w/a good load of cash and no obligations the world is there waiting. i think he was one of those guys who'd made a few million from all the over the top edm hype. 

Wasn't there a guy on here who had severe health problems from hard drinking as a teen, even after a few years of sobriety? I can't remember the screen name. Hope he's all good

blanket fort collapsed liver

he had a short but amazing life by making songs that sound like horsepiss coming out of a monkeys ass, who wouldn't want that

rip

that's the thing.. you make your money early on the back of selling out then you can become anonymous and have millions to enjoy not working forever but only works if you don't pour napalm into your organs  :(

I tried carrying the weight of the world

But I only have two hands
Hope I get the chance to travel the world
But I don't have any plans
Wish that I could stay forever this young
Not afraid to close my eyes
Life's a game made for everyone
And love is a prize
So wake me up when it's all over
When I'm wiser and I'm older
All this time I was finding myself, and I
Didn't know I was lost

embarrassing-fan-cries-main-2.jpg

lol.

i read a thing about donny wahlberg Back Street Boys donnie wahlberg.. and he said one day he was walking down the street and he heard screams of kids all coming towards him and he shuddered and they went right by him to some place down the block where there was a venue and some boyband was playing and he said he thought "thank god.. i'm nobody now". 

he had a short but amazing life by making songs that sound like horsepiss coming out of a monkeys ass, who wouldn't want that

rip

to be honest though, Avicci fans would say the same (or worse) about the music of Qebrus if they heard it.

A life is a life, gone to soon.

I once went to an AA meeting. It was all a bit weird really because even though I'd been drinking what seems like everyday for 15 years I kind of knew it was just a silly immature habit, but going to that one meeting made me realise how right I was. I turned up (once I'd had a few pints of Guinness just to chill me out hahah) and instantly everybody was welcoming me, shaking my hands and I'll give them their due, very kind towards me. So you go in and then the first half an hour somebody tells their story about how fucking crazy they go after one sip, its one whiff of the wine mate and they are off into the twilight zone, into oblivion. And fuck friends or family or whoever gets in the way of that. Then the following 40 minutes various people with damaged souls get up and say a little speech. I just remember sitting there and thanking the lord I wasn't like this lot, I just liked a few too many beers. I got up 10 minutes before the end, out of my chair and walked out in front of them, which was rather insulting but took a lot of nerve because I knew if I'd had waited until the end I would of been cornered by them and no escape route! I went straight down my local pub to celebrate not being an alcoholic, but in the years since then I promised myself to clean myself up. So for the last 5 years I don't drink three days a week, sometimes four.

One thing I did learn is if you are an alcoholic like those people in that room I was in, you're in a whole world of turmoil. And there was people of all ages and all walks of life sat next to each other. Possibly even a multi-millionaire DJ sat next to a bus driver. It was a strange evening, but a learning curve I'll never forget.

yeah, while i might have drank too much in my partying years, ive always been able to see that there is a vast chasm between the drinking too much of having 2 bottles of tequila and a bunch of class a drugs on a weekend bender, and actual alcoholism, waking up with a burning desire for any alcohol, at any cost, and drink having an effect on your brain something akin to drug induced psychosis. 

both dangerous though, i dont actually know the situation but i imagine avicii is dead because of the former type of drinking, rather than the latter. it started making me feel not too great about 3 years ago, and its taken about that long to get down to the goverment recommended alcoholic limit of about 8 beers a week. feeling much better now. i know a few people who are still maintaining a party habit like mine was a few years ago, and its becoming increasingly depressing to see in people aged 30+

Seems to me Rolling Stone just kind of announced it was suicide without backing up that statement, rather irresponsibly.  But yeah, that letter seems to imply it.  That Levels track is actually pretty impressive for a 20 year old producer (the level of professionalism I mean).  Insane how that rocketed him to multimillionaire status within a year.  Jesus.  That's got to be fucking surreal.  I can't imagine what sort of effect that would have on a kid's psyche.  Early 20's is a weird time even without that.  

It's becoming even worse... Apparently before he committed suicide he was going to expose a big elite gigantic pedophile ring, and it was inferred that he was a victim of it.

lol where r the links

Archived