Sign in to follow this  
Tim_J

BBC Sound Effects .WAV Files

excellent stuff, thanks m8

Hope there's a batch download function when this comes out of beta. Search works pretty well for now though. 

Hope there's a batch download function when this comes out of beta. Search works pretty well for now though. 

there's always alternatives for bulk downloading, e.g. Chrono Download Manager for chrome, just tried it and it works fine... (/◕ヮ◕)/

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

This rules.

That's a goddamned goldmine (of things I would definitely get permission from the BBC before ever using in private music production).

This is great, came here to post about this but obviously watmm is on the case already

Also a write up on cdm eventually corrects itself into being relevant and informative. 

So there’s your answer. Audition sounds via the free site. Use them to finish your semester project in sound design for that installation for which no one gets paid. Then sample the parrot in a deep house track, pay the $5, and make untold cash when it tops Beatport and you get booked to Ibiza.

I want it all. 

is there a way to dl the whole lot in Safari. Maybe someone will post a mega link

holy sample source batman

lol

wow

downloaded "Tropical Forest, West Africa at dawn", nice quality, hope all stays there forever to come back and check more

Cool!

Hey Rich, think you can use "Standard orgy with smashing glass, screams, footsteps and whipping sounds - 1972 (7K, reprocessed)" in one of yer trax?

Guest Ovitus

I have a script running to grab these files with wget, just in case it ever gets pulled down, although they're nicely indexed on the site. they sound great on their own but I'd like to mess around with some in Composers Desktop Project. anyone know of a useful guide on how to run those commands? I tried the frontend in Renoise and ended up with some interesting results. I'd like a more in-depth overview of what's being done and the parameters involved