• tt1pd
    • acid mwan idle
    • fLh
    • glos ceramic
    • g 1 e 1
    • nineFLY
    • shimripl air
    • icari

My only real issue with tt1pd is it's not doing anything particularly interesting, especially given its length. I'd almost go as far as to say it's the least interesting track on Session 3.

Not that that necessarily makes it bad of course, but I'm finding it hard to think of anything notable about it other than it having a sick beat.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been waiting for a new thread page to escape that sizable photo dump :dry:

Still no clue on a favourite, the album is too good. Acid Mwan is still my least preferred. Icari grows in my estimation every time I hear it. Every track has a hell of a lot going for it. Like Draft, it's a ridiculously groovy album, and tt1pd could be seen as the Surripere.

the first half of t11pd is like a drunk hyperactive teenager, quite annoying, but then things get more interesting when it falls over its own feet, hits its forehead on the curb and just bleeds a lot

2 weeks later: omg I get it now!

I think maybe that's why the track is a coded French phrase, it clearly refers to the Ae listener who comes to the realisation after repeat listens that they were wrong in making a hasty judgement earlier.

I recognize I'm in the minority here. It's not that I don't like tt1pd, it's just that I absolutely love nearly every other track on this session.

It does feel a little 'ae by numbers' compared to alot of the other tracks I guess.

Mwan, icari, glos and shrimripl are the kind of new direction sounding ae tracks I've been waiting for for so long now.

I simply cannot choose. They're all amazing. Even the slow ones, even without the usual asistances I can see that magic eye shimmer of sound on top. My god they are incredible.

BUT.

I simply cannot take the fact, that for a session with unquestionable and UnRIVALLED Gonkness (within NTS domain), doesn't have a single track title with Gonk in it?!

Can sum1 pls explain#?

Ps Glos Ceramic is one of their most fluid groovy funky body moving tracks they've done, jheeze 1:48 is pure eargasm, and each listen means everything preceding that is a tease jheeze louise.
And it aint even got goin. crumbs....

I dont want thursday to come because I want this bubble of ae stuff, and the promise of mroe to come to last 4eva

Ugh, this board seriously needs an educative crash course in gonkness. steady one and tuf hi are CLEARLY in the gonk style. Nothing on NTS3 is in the gonk style. Therefore, to falsify a track title to appease those who can't tell their gonk from their donkey kong would be egregious. You know, actually LISTEN to the 2 gonk tracks and understand what makes it gonk-like. Forward momentum beats is essential.

I simply cannot take the fact, that for a session with unquestionable and UnRIVALLED Gonkness (within NTS domain), doesn't have a single track title with Gonk in it?!

Because there is no gonk.

Wound up going with icari.

=P

Though, I can't get enough of all of these tracks... I think 3 is my most listened to out of all the sessions.

Every track is a proper mind-melter.

this is still the volume i got the hardest time to wrap my head around. ironically it's also probably the one i listened to most, amongst other things for that very reason. maybe its inpenetrableness really is its strength.

it's just so... all over the place. i don't know if i'll ever be able to see it more than a collection of (damn fine) tracks. the overall flow is mostly still lost on me. volume 1 is similarly varicolored but the way the tracks are ordered and connected works just so much better imo. not even talkin about 2 which almost seems inseparable.

anyway: back to glos.

• 2 weeks later...

icari is a very tasty track. the rhythmic progression is reminiscent of unilted, while some of the textures evoke oversteps vibes. add to that a little bit of draft weirdness. fantastic

Why do I feel (ever since the first time listening on the initial NTS stream) that I've heard fLH before? Does anyone recognize the melody maybe?

icari is a very tasty track. the rhythmic progression is reminiscent of unilted, while some of the textures evoke oversteps vibes. add to that a little bit of draft weirdness. fantastic

yes it's pretty fucking great, prime example of a slow burner to me.

Why do I feel (ever since the first time listening on the initial NTS stream) that I've heard fLH before? Does anyone recognize the melody maybe?

NiN?

NiN?

yeh the one trent goes liek "i want to splesh you like gonk!!"

NiN?

yeh the one trent goes liek "i want to splesh you like gonk!!"

lmao.

=D

Archived