• tt1pd
    • acid mwan idle
    • fLh
    • glos ceramic
    • g 1 e 1
    • nineFLY
    • shimripl air
    • icari

nineFly hit me the most from the first listen because of the sound... honestly i'm quite bored with the flat hyper-grainy ae_live/elseq stuff... but the track sounds a lot more sound "sculpted" if you know what i mean

nineFLY is reminiscent of St Epreo imo

Similar inverted sound design

then there's that too

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nineFly hit me the most from the first listen because of the sound... honestly i'm quite bored with the flat hyper-grainy ae_live/elseq stuff... but the track sounds a lot more sound "sculpted" if you know what i mean

then there's that too

I hear what you’re saying about nineFLY too. That more totally ‘designed’ soundworld with less clearly defined or referential / obviously musical elements, where it all feels like one globule of sound or something - I love that. It takes me back to something like ‘Parhelic Triangle’. It takes me deeper into something new...Would love more of that.

shimripl air

http://zantman.be/ae/monoproof.mov

mono proof - aka 'neigbours gone, volume max'

...who knows what the casual viewer of the forum thinks, when he sees us get to this ...

However, the proof is conclusive, I believe, however, that Shimrilp is designed to be heard at a lower volume than the other tracks, as a rarefied and distant segment, relic of something that, by its nature, can not be completely understood.

I like to imagine that shimripl is tt1pd heard faintly from a neighbouring galaxy. I get strong Zeit (radio edit) vibes from it, an excellent penultimate track choice.

then there's that too

I hear what you’re saying about nineFLY too. That more totally ‘designed’ soundworld with less clearly defined or referential / obviously musical elements, where it all feels like one globule of sound or something - I love that. It takes me back to something like ‘Parhelic Triangle’. It takes me deeper into something new...Would love more of that.

Nice points (both). One reference i felt during the session was Mark Fell's tracks from Ten Types of Elsewhere with the "song of a rock in the iron bucket" sort of vibe, though a lot more subtle, probably coz of a slightly similar metallic resonance.

shimripl air

http://zantman.be/ae/monoproof.mov

mono proof - aka 'neigbours gone, volume max'

...who knows what the casual viewer of the forum thinks, when he sees us get to this ...

However, the proof is conclusive, I believe, however, that Shimrilp is designed to be heard at a lower volume than the other tracks, as a rarefied and distant segment, relic of something that, by its nature, can not be completely understood.

Yes at lower volume it works even better. A radio transmission from some far away galaxy.

g 1 e 1 jumps out at me as a new thing, its sculpural and textural and melancholy also somehow

I have no idea though, i think its going to change alot

as an autechre noob though I have a feeling the nts sessions will be my favourite autechre 

I think maybe someone mentioned acid mwan idle as sounding a bit like Terry Riley. I think that is an apt comparison. This is a very meditative, trance-like track. It builds into something huge over a long period of repetition and it's well worth giving it your attention.

bumped into this on acid while acid mwan idle was streaming, it and fLH are officially the songs of the gonk gods imhowtfbbq

SyKO5pKnM.jpeg

Bkltdq6Yhf.jpeg

BJZKu5TFnM.jpeg

HJfYd9TtnM.jpeg

B17Yu9TF3f.jpeg

HJVtO56F2z.jpeg

SkBYdcTthM.jpeg

SkLFd5aFhf.jpeg

Agree on the Acid Mwan love.. one of my favs. Is well industrial ritualistic sounding.. be good for some Magick making if you happened to be into that sort of thing.

^^"Machst Du lange Finger hier, sind wir sehr enttäuscht von Dir. Danke"

I don't think stealing the Ae totems is a good idea. I can virtually see the Second Bad Vilbel electrocution death rays gonk out if the sky.

Phling gps pos pls. We need a proper place where we can sacrifice babies, or rdj, or the BoC boys, for the Ae gods.

yeh.. ae watmm meetup at this spot, when?

I'm from far... NRW :-) Should visit that Ae shrine 

52.370994, 13.788339

once in my life.

It's funny because I'm finding session 3 to be by far the hardest to pick a favorite from, but if you look at the poll it looks like it's been the easiest for watmm to pick a fav from.

tt1pd is good, but it's not even in the running for favourite for me.

It's funny because I'm finding session 3 to be by far the hardest to pick a favorite from, but if you look at the poll it looks like it's been the easiest for watmm to pick a fav from.

tt1pd is good, but it's not even in the running for favourite for me.

Hehe... Me either.

It was initially the track I enjoyed the most last Thursday when I was listening to this for the first couple times, but now...

=X

Clustro Casual

Acid Mwan Idle

fLh

Glos Ceramic

NineFLY

Icari

These are the tracks I'm trying to pick a favorite from... And I just can't.

=X

It might be easier to pick the track I like least...

Which... Would be shimripl air... And even that track is pretty frick'n great. Especially as a sort of 'palate cleanser' between NineFLY and Icari...

The problems facing an ae fan, yeah?

=P

The weird playful sonic space manipulation they're doing in splesh sure is fun and works well with the 'basics' of the track.

And of course tt1pd is fucking massive and sprawling and unforgiving in every way. AE are in their own world.

Archived