IGNORED

Terminal 11 - Harmless Chaos

samfez

Hey guys, thought I'd give you the heads up on a new EP from Arizona based Terminal 11....one of my fav producers of many years!

He's made some really wicked music over the years, if you haven't heard much of his stuff, check out Illegal Nervous Habits, Tracing Structures, Kaleidoscope Eyes and Self Excorcism....all of which, are pukka!

You can pre-order the release on CD or digital formats here: https://bit.ly/2r1L2NE

And here's a recent interview with Mike: https://hypnosaudio.com/2018/04/10/terminal-11/

• 2 weeks later...

tracing structures was particularly good, I'll be grabbing this for sure.

eek shipping cost 2x the amount of the EP!

Yeah I love Tracing Structures a lot. Really classy and fresh album!

Aye, we're sorry about shipping costs....things have just become so expensive to post over the pond now. We are working on some distribution state side at the moment though and will hopefully have something up and running this year!

tracing structures was particularly good, I'll be grabbing this for sure.

eek shipping cost 2x the amount of the EP!

Yeah I love Tracing Structures a lot. Really classy and fresh album!

Aye, we're sorry about shipping costs....things have just become so expensive to post over the pond now. We are working on some distribution state side at the moment though and will hopefully have something up and running this year!

Not your fault at all! You're right on shipping in general, it seems to be trending costlier no matter the label or distributor. I've no idea the reason (new taxes or something?).

I'm still grabbing this heh. 

Aye, there seem to be extra taxes to ship over the pond. We should hopefully have a distributer stateside soon for everyone on the other side of the pond :]

Another track from the EP just went up on our youtube channel :] 

https://youtu.be/CA3ggg219IQ

Great release. I hate to do the whole "compare one artist to another" thing but it gives me a similar vibe to datach'i's System album, not necessarily that it sounds like it's off a modular system etc, but it sounds like mr Michael C is using some restraint here, decidedly less maximalist than some of his other releases. Which was kind of the same change I experienced from from Datach'i's Shock Diamonds to System - similar evolution or something, not sure what I'm getting at. Anyone else hear it?

Love it. I hope this is leading up to an album. hopeful wink*

Edit: third listen through, really lovely stuff.  :music:

• 4 weeks later...

This is a really solid EP, each track develops / shifts as it progresses but manages to maintain a coherent feel.

Great release. I hate to do the whole "compare one artist to another" thing but it gives me a similar vibe to datach'i's System album, not necessarily that it sounds like it's off a modular system etc, but it sounds like mr Michael C is using some restraint here, decidedly less maximalist than some of his other releases. Which was kind of the same change I experienced from from Datach'i's Shock Diamonds to System - similar evolution or something, not sure what I'm getting at. Anyone else hear it?

Agreed on the restraint part - definite fixed choices for sound palate, and developing themes in each track.

Would love to hear more, but as a 7 track EP this works very nicely.

LoveLove / 10

This is a really solid EP, each track develops / shifts as it progresses but manages to maintain a coherent feel.

a 7 track EP 

Borderline album tbh, can't complain =)

It has a really good continuity from track to track. I actually wish he would throw in some more of those weird, guttural, vocoded, bassy bits he sometimes shows on his IG account. Maybe they're not very apparent after the mastering process.

Wow! I'm REALLY diggin this... I'm going to have to dive into this guys discog... 

=D

Definitely. Not 100% sure what you're into but I'd recommend Tracing Structures and Illegal Nervous Habits.

$5 if you can place a few of the samples in "Reluctantly Accepting Temporary Overexhaustion". ;0

Archived