Brainwaltzera- bunker ep

tunnocks

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well imagine being 15 and hearing aphex for the first time. being really blown away by the drums that change all the time(!) and how it still manages to be really melodic, etc. then imagine getting older (physically), but never moving beyond this fascination with zany drum edits with melodies in the background. then imagine you get your hands on a DAW and start trying to imitate this stuff. not based on what aphex actually sounds like, which is very technically and musically impressive (a lot of it at least (fact)), but how 15 year old you remembers it. that's this.

• 3 weeks later...

well imagine being 15 and hearing aphex for the first time. being really blown away by the drums that change all the time(!) and how it still manages to be really melodic, etc. then imagine getting older (physically), but never moving beyond this fascination with zany drum edits with melodies in the background. then imagine you get your hands on a DAW and start trying to imitate this stuff. not based on what aphex actually sounds like, which is very technically and musically impressive (a lot of it at least (fact)), but how 15 year old you remembers it. that's this.

agreed, that Shinra stuff is better imo. Less zaniness more choony tho still an afx imitation

I said only that schoolyard surph beat track fascinated me because he got the IDM texture-ness of one of the idm greats down pat in that track imo. Bbyonchord 2

Edited by Ragnar

don't have to really watch the video just my point, the originator usually doesn't even do it in a 'zany' way, in this case shaky cam edits

https://www.discogs.com/Brainwaltzera-Bewplum/release/11529034

not sure what happened to this, supposed to be out ages ago............

bought

https://furthurelectronix.bandcamp.com/album/bewplum

Furthur Electronix:

Ok Brainwaltzera is available now on bandcamp. I only have 120 for sale, then bleep will have 80 copies.

Edited by whosebrian

• 4 weeks later...

bunker is out! nessova...

https://www.discogs.com/Brainwaltzera-Bewplum/release/11529034

not sure what happened to this, supposed to be out ages ago............

looks like it was released may 22. anyone receive it? 

Nope missed it. As I knew I would. 150 copies seems a silly amount, hopefully we'll get an official digital release, though this label seems to be ultra niche.