IGNORED

Brainwaltzera- bunker ep

tunnocks

Brainwaltzera is the "Stairway to Heaven" of IDM.

Is that good or bad? Cannot tell if your being sarcastic because personally I love Stairway to Heaven. I never grew up around Led Zeppelin fans, and in fact the radio stations I've had to endure over my life rarely if ever played it. I remember reading that Stairway to Heaven was (according to legend) for decades the most broadcast song ever on radio, something like on all the radio stations in the world it was being played every 20 minutes (or something like that) I remember that because I'd actually never heard the song before until I bought Remasters when I was about 16 and finally heard it, under my own steam. All these things are relevant to your own life I guess, I presume lots of people may of heard Stairway to Heaven maybe 300 times up until the point they were 16. My dad was into Tangerine Dream and never really played much guitar music. I had no older brothers or sisters, and my mum was into Pavarotti and those Italian and Spanish tenors and whatever else floated her boat. 

If I was being a bit snarky I'd say Queen. And that is proper pantomime MOR horseshit for jibbering guitar dorks. Though you know I have a copy of Sheer Heart Attack on cd, they did some proper tunes early on. Brighton Rock is a fucking tune but I reckon after their third album it all went a bit pear shaped. Whereas Zeppelin and their third album, well they were just getting started...….hmmm anyway the point I was going to make has got lost along the way. Lol.

Oh yes I think Brainwaltzera is alright. We kind of had Photodementia and Monolith and probably a few other I've forgotten about but I think Brainwaltzera is much better than them, yet everyone jizzed all over them. I think that's it really.

Bye.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Stairway to Heaven" was played pretty much every day when I grew up. That was in Ohio in the 90s/00s, though, so there was no deficit of classic rock stations.

Brainwaltzera is alright, but MNLTH has like ten times more character to his music.

On the other hand his name is more or less 'Braindance Era' and his LP was named after a psychological principle roughly linked to the idea of nostalgia

Archived