• frane casual
    • mirrage
    • column thirteen
    • shimripl casual
    • all end

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

shimripl. I said it's reminding me of To Day Retreival rmx. Now I recognized it's easier. Kalpol Introl 2018.

Column a close 2nd.

all end (voted for but tied with) column thirteen.

problem i have with shimripl casual is that it immediately reminded me of the tortoise remix. in fact it seemed like the same idea and thus not as interesting. i used to have that remix on repeat for hours many years ago, but haven't listened to it for several years since. I'll have to give them both a spin again

Ha... Like all the other sessions, my favorite track has changed multiple times a day.

=P

But I'm leaning towards column thirteen.

One of those releases where the least outstanding track is still strong, but all end is the most valuable and potent addition to their catalogue.

One of those releases where the least outstanding track is still strong, but all end is the most valuable and potent addition to their catalogue.

Very much agreed... I listened to this again today (finally with headphones instead of speakers) - and was transported to a beautiful yet melancholy world deep in the ocean.

I love it.

And now I'm leaning more towards all end as my favorite...

it is true, usually their tracks have beginnings and middles but this one is all end. the entire time. for an hour.

This is the best iterpretation of the title I can think of.
^^

all end is the most valuable and potent addition to their catalogue.

I can’t imagine a universe where this is true

yeah with bladelores being at least 5 years old it's not even much of an addition now is it?

i made my peace with its inclusion and promised not to be a dick about this track anymore but i will say this: the universal and seemingly unconditional praise for all end is honestly flabbergasting to me. this poll is like "here, an hour of brilliant fresh musics for u to choose from!" "meh, i'll rather have the one hour loop of a single chord from an old track". like... wut?

For me, it's how it expands on that 'one single chord'... And turns it into an amazing journey that you can become completely immersed in...

I get it's not for everyone though.

<shrug>

Personally.. I love where it takes me, and love how long it lets me linger there.

all end is the most valuable and potent addition to their catalogue.

I can’t imagine a universe where this is true

yeah with bladelores being at least 5 years old it's not even much of an addition now is it?

i made my peace with its inclusion and promised not to be a dick about this track anymore but i will say this: the universal and seemingly unconditional praise for all end is honestly flabbergasting to me. this poll is like "here, an hour of brilliant fresh musics for u to choose from!" "meh, i'll rather have the one hour loop of a single chord from an old track". like... wut?

What different makes how old the source material is? The point is what they do with te material. And it's not just a plain loop, all end has a lot of subtle variations thorough the whole hour.

Is there an opinion why all end comes in at the end of splesh in the third session as well? A fuck up?

column thirteen actually seems like an older track anyway, from Oversteps/MoT era

I chose mirrage

What different makes how old the source material is?

in context to individual enjoyment or even "cultural relevance"? none i guess. in context to the thought of it being an addition to their oevre? well it's been there before and not only as a source material but pretty much "as is", so... yeah.

come at me with arguments of recontextualization and other art talk as much as you must, it's still the ending of bladelores stretched out to an hour period.

yeah art is not sports and maybe i am a superficial cretin but ae also always was about craftsmanship (i doubt they'd deny that) and i just don't see much of that here as much as i'd like to, sorry.

It sounded superficially like the end of bladelores upon first listen when it was streaming. But the more I've listened the less it resembles that.

Edit: I am also reminded of when Perlence Subrange 6-36 first dropped and everyone was convinced it was an unchanging percussive loop for an hour.

Archived