IGNORED

Luke Vibert Uses Propellerheads Reason

Alzado

really good interview. i use reason every now and then but ableton for me is the best piece of software out there.

from the interview:

- What's your approach to post processing and mastering?

- I export the Reason songs to AIFF, then I often take them into Peak and mess around with the track, do a few backward snare drums or whatever....

what is Peak?

audio editor me thinks

yeah its a kind of annoying audio editor. Its for macs only as Ive experienced.

LOL at how lots of people suddenly want to use Reason coz Vibert just said he uses it....it's not going to make your tracks any better guys.....

BTW Vibert also uses an abacus hooked up to Octamed 5. You'd all better get an abacus and an Amiga too...

Guest blicero
LOL at how lots of people suddenly want to use Reason coz Vibert just said he uses it....it's not going to make your tracks any better guys.....

lol indeed! i can already hear all of them cussing Reason out as them stare cross-eyed at the screen. it can be an akward app to get used to. for me, fruityloops is that akward app.

Guest ambodino mutuumbooo

I use reason for quite a while now (like 3 years maybe ?? more ??) and I quite like it. recently I've been mixing it with ableton live so I can use vsts and make some real crazy stuff. anyways, I feel like it's a good combination and it's nice to see that vibert use that shitt too !!

Will be interested to see his approach. I only recently upgraded to Reason 3.0 (I've been using the program for a while though..about 3 or 4 years I guess?) so getting used to all the lovely goodness, as i didn't even upgrade to 2.5...

Been thinking about mixing it in with Ableton...or something...for use with VST (don't like CUbase very much)...

anyways, cheers for the interview LOL

cheers. i've been using reason since 1.0 and i find it really good at what it does well. i use cubase for audio recording/processing and for use with the occassional vst. reason's samplers are what continue to draw me. i love the nnxt loaded up with rex files for making beats. i know there are plenty of other ways to do it, but this is what i'm comfortable with and it works for me.

the combinator in 3.0 is a huge development. it's a pretty simple idea that i understimated at first, but it really is awesome.

i love reason despite the flaws that haters will undoubtedly be quick to point to in this thread.

Guest aeser

really good interview. i use reason every now and then but ableton for me is the best piece of software out there.

from the interview:

- What's your approach to post processing and mastering?

- I export the Reason songs to AIFF, then I often take them into Peak and mess around with the track, do a few backward snare drums or whatever....

what is Peak?

audio editor me thinks

yeah its a kind of annoying audio editor. Its for macs only as Ive experienced.

how is it annoying? i love the shit out of that app.

Guest blicero
the only thing holding back reason from being a great program is VSTi or VSTfx support

i would also like some tools to transition between songs. better live support.

Guest Adjective

reason was the first decent sequencing app i ever got ahold of and i've just used it ever since. so i'm not sure if its as good as it feels or if its just the only thing i know. i suspect a little of both

I think reason is a great program very easy to use, I've used it for 3 years now. The key to reason is gathering a boat load of nice sample from the classic drum machines.

ambodino mutuumbooo - I know I was supposed to hook you up with some 606 samples but I have know idea how to make a zip file.

Guest ambodino mutuumbooo
I think reason is a great program very easy to use, I've used it for 3 years now. The key to reason is gathering a boat load of nice sample from the classic drum machines.

ambodino mutuumbooo - I know I was supposed to hook you up with some 606 samples but I have know idea how to make a zip file.

it's alright dood, I've got some lo-fi 606 files... for sure I'd like to have better ones and to be honest with you, I've been waiting for them but it's alright man, take your time... no need to hurry.

thanks for trying anyway and if you figure out how to make a zip file, just send it and I'll be happy. I'd tell you how right now but I'm kinda in a hurry cause I gotta prepare lots of stuff for a gig we're organizing tomorrow, maybe I'll help you tonight or something, peace !

Guest DrHat

i used reason 2 a lot a few years ago. but i thought the distortion sucked (was pre-screamer) and after i while i got bored with it. i have a lot more fun when i have a billion knobs, widgets, and DELUXE HYPERWTF PROCESSING etc.

that's just me, though. i find it inspiring. some people find having 60 different kinds of distortion annoying, and i can totally understand that. but as the kid that always argued the teacher into a corner (then got sent to it) i find i like options.

Guest felttipen

i bought reason on ebay for 25 quid!! its really good but i dont have a fucking clue. i think that someone who knows what they are doing would find it really amazing. u can save it onto your hardrive so u dont even need discs. the file is fucking tiny

Guest pantsonmyhead
now i shall have to install reason and try it out

doesn't it not even have support for vsts?

re-wire

i fully encourage it

I use reason as my drum machine now( the nnxt is one bad motherfucking sampler!)

and run rewire channels out for vst processing

i had no idea people actually use floops to make music, i thought it was on a par with rave ejay or something. i just used to piss about with it at school.

i had no idea people actually use floops to make music, i thought it was on a par with rave ejay or something. i just used to piss about with it at school.

we're talking about reason here not floops, but yeah, floops has blossomed into a beautiful thing, probably over taken reason but i'll never admit it. i don't really like how the sequencing is done in floops

it used to be a pretty simple programthough , yes

unless he's changed the way he works, Wisp does everything in FLoops, including the album he had relelased on Sublight