IGNORED

possible new aphex track?

d3ld0t

It's him, I'm 1000% sure. Listened about 30 times, can't stop repeating, melodies really open themselves up on repeat listens in classic AFX style. Bassline at 2:24 is so so similar to that in the end half of korg1b, someone would have to spend so much time to accurately recreate the certain style and palette he used in that track, and then to pass it off as someone else with the #afx tag, more realistic it's just him throwing us a nice new track to kick off the year. More hallmarks, reverbed percussion in one ear for one second at 1:07, super finessed and stylistic gating all over the track, insanely wistful and melancholic melodies. Come on guys...

you literally say this about everyone

https://www.reddit.com/r/aphextwin/comments/3mqlfx/after_reading_all_the_recent_soundcloud_comments/cvhhue7/?context=3

your comment here was based solely off that ONE comment

sentences crafted in a way that suggests people coming together and revolting against the government? rich

someone spells think like fink? rich

911 conspiracy talk? rich

user133758008 posts a track? rich

cmon dude. btw read my comment with an air of jolliness and geniality coz im not being mean or anytihng, just pointin stuff out

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's him, I'm 1000% sure. Listened about 30 times, can't stop repeating, melodies really open themselves up on repeat listens in classic AFX style. Bassline at 2:24 is so so similar to that in the end half of korg1b, someone would have to spend so much time to accurately recreate the certain style and palette he used in that track, and then to pass it off as someone else with the #afx tag, more realistic it's just him throwing us a nice new track to kick off the year. More hallmarks, reverbed percussion in one ear for one second at 1:07, super finessed and stylistic gating all over the track, insanely wistful and melancholic melodies. Come on guys...

https://www.reddit.com/r/aphextwin/comments/3mqlfx/after_reading_all_the_recent_soundcloud_comments/cvhhue7/?context=3

sentences crafted in a way that suggests people coming together and revolting against the government? rich

cmon dude. btw read my comment with an air of jolliness and geniality coz im not being mean or anytihng, just pointin stuff out

Rofl dude you might be onto something, and don't worry I take no offense, but I'm sure out of the 100 times I've accused things of being Rich I was right one time, that tx16w reddit account was highly likely.

But I don't' say things and not back them up with reasons, track to me sounds very much like Korg1b, and if someone has aped that style and is trying to pass their own work as afx then okay, i'm being blind.  

Rofl dude you might be onto something, and don't worry I take no offense, but I'm sure out of the 100 times I've accused things of being Rich I was right one time, that tx16w reddit account was highly likely.

But I don't' say things and not back them up with reasons, track to me sounds very much like Korg1b, and if someone has aped that style and is trying to pass their own work as afx then okay, i'm being blind.  

yeah i do agree that it sounds ridiculously aphex, its probs the most aphex non aphex track ive heard (apart from steinvord stuff) but the only 2 things that are keeping me from believing it is the fact that it was posted in the snareup discord...like, what the hells rich gunna be doing in there lmao? and he has a bleep store now. he specifically said hes gunna be uploading lots of stuff to it in the future, why waste a track like that on sc?

If it's aphex I will literally eat a bowl of human shit

glad to offer my services for this, my shit often reeks like a cross between well rotten English orchard fruit and a rich fruity chicken curry

very fruity

It's not rich.

1. Rich would never EQ his high-hats like that.

2. The awkward homage to cirklon3 at 1:33 reveals that this is indeed a fan piece.

3. The character of the mastering/compression sounds a bit too new school for him.

It's not rich.

1. Rich would never EQ his high-hats like that.

2. The awkward homage to cirklon3 at 1:33 reveals that this is indeed a fan piece.

3. The character of the mastering/compression sounds a bit too new school for him.

Yeah that part is pretty identical to the start of Cirklon3, doubt RDJ would do the same thing twice, pretty telling tbh. Ending still makes me think it's him, those are some fresh melodies. 

There are no fun little games going on in the percussion either, everything but the jerky bassline is way too cookie cutter.

Finally listened - took me 1 sec to not hear rich in dis

(it's a well put together rip off but...)

it took me 125 milliseconds to realize this wasn't richard. my brian is more expanded!! 

edit: someone more talented needs to make a brain expanding meme about identifying aphex tracks

Finally listened - took me 1 sec to not hear rich in dis

(it's a well put together rip off but...)

it took me 125 milliseconds to realize this wasn't richard. my brian is more expanded!!

edit: someone more talented needs to make a brain expanding meme about identifying aphex tracks

a52f90a37af85f6d81ac44fab146cde2.jpeg

gives that intensification for the feeling of life that I associate with aphex magic

my music is supposed to give intensification for the feeling of death, and world wide living death

Nice work. Shows much dedication to rdj. A fan with plenty time and skills on his hands. ;)

Imagine all that time and skill was put into making something good/interesting

Nice work. Shows much dedication to rdj. A fan with plenty time and skills on his hands. ;)

Imagine all that time and skill was put into making something good/interesting

sounds pretty interesting to me? also his other material is just as lovely to listen to :-)

Archived