IGNORED

Let's all gripe about this chart

joshuatxuk

Ishkur should finally update his guide. Kept going back to that for the lols back in the days.

He's supposedly still working on it. Loved that site. Had some absurdly biased write-ups and way too much fluff on certain subgenres but the flow made and layout made sense. Was a really good source for me when I started really getting into electronic music. 

Has to be dated as fuck though, in a cool way, lots of interesting time capsules there like the obscure microgenre speedbass and genres like illbient no one talks about anymore. He literally slagged off all 2-step garage which is hilarious because that spawned so much hyped music of the late 00s - dubstep, 'post-dubstep' future club / bass, etc. - all from a genre he introduces as "fucking boring"

I used to teach a basic music production class. To get hired, I talked to the guy that taught it before me and he went on and on about how Ishkur's site was a wealth of good info. I was just  :cerious:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived