IGNORED

Dave Noyze visits Aphex

barkertrax

Not sure if anyone linked this already?

Dave Noyze documents a recent trip to the UK, which included a brief visit to see Rich at Aphex Towers:

http://noyzelab.blogspot.co.uk/2018/04/regional-arts-fellowship-field-report-4.html

I would say that staying with Richard for "a couple of weeks" is more than a brief visit!

Kinda wet dream territory for most people here I would imagine.

I dunno, I'm a little intimidated by him (ditto with the two Ae boys particularly Sean) - Don't think I'd last the two weeks ! Has there been any character interviews that mention what he's like personally ?

I dunno, I'm a little intimidated by him (ditto with the two Ae boys particularly Sean) - Don't think I'd last the two weeks ! Has there been any character interviews that mention what he's like personally ?

"Other activities with Richard included washing up, tidying up, helping out in the workshop, moving equipment"

PROPER MENTAL SCENES WITH RICH!  :catrage: 

"Other activities with Richard included driving his tank around the estate whilst smashed on some fangled new designer drugs, helping to re-wire the Syro Blimp to make it semi-autonomous, playing knock and run on the BOC lads (lol, they hated that) and taking Richard's submarine for a cruise around a loch whilst dressed in one of his old Aphex teddy bear suits"

PROPER MENTAL SCENES WITH RICH!  :catrage: 

I'd like to sign up for one Aphex Twin mentorship program, plz.

edit:  also, I love that RDJ had no qualms about giving this guy a Cirklon and a PreenFM2.  

Very cool. That was an interesting read. I love how eager he is to dive right into the nitty gritty, and yet he still does field recordings with the enthusiasm that a newcomer might also bring. 

Hope he digs Syracuse. Thems my old stomping grounds (my alma mater). 

We're out here worrying about the next Aphex Twin release meanwhile Jez has his eyes closed and lips puckered in sheer ecstasy listening to a loaf of bread

ehdobb.png

can we get more updates on what inanimate objects Jez is listening to please? or at least a top five objects list?

imagine how next level you have to be to get into listening to objects

Seriously.

"Hey thanks for walking right through my playlist asshole. Watch where you're going next time!"

Archived