IGNORED

Autechre - NTS 1-4 - reviews

wredny

New York Times: The 28 (?) Best Albums of 2018

10. Autechre, ‘NTS Sessions 1-4’

"The electronic duo Autechre delivered a magnum opus — eight hours of music — commissioned by the online London station NTS. It’s a fully imagined artificial universe of improbable timbres and rhythms, of repetitions cracked and warped, of long waits and sudden tangents, of propulsion and suspension, of expectations set up and undermined, of menacing implications and funny noises. Brittle, fractured, pointillistic patterns lead, eventually, to weightless, sustained rapture. The final track is nearly an hour long: a reverential, euphoric haze."

lol in his playlist, all the other tracks are 3:20-4:20 on the dot, and then autechre rolls in and almost doubles the length with an 18 minute casual beast  :emotawesomepm9:

• 1 month later...

it is people music! You get that thing of, ‘Eww, it’s not human!

Two exclamation points !! ... Sean Booth? It is an unreal hypothesis.
Sam Byers has taken a license. It seems a small, irrelevant thing, but it changes a person's personality a lot, so it also affects the key to reading about what a person then does.
It also affects how I perceive myself imagined by the writer: it is as if the author doubts my intellectual integrity, so that he feels compelled to revive the writing with an unreasonable load of emphasis.

Forgive my factious controversy: recently I wrote things that have been transcribed with an excess of punctuation, transforming my statements into a kind of stupid and constant surprise, so i find myself with bad blood (!!!).

In spite of my sterile polemics, the article is indeed a stimulating reading.

Where the author stops, in my opinion, it is in considering the artificial and natural realities separate: if it is true that the algorithmic automatism is exquisitely human - because thought and realized by man - then it is true that the same algorithmic automatism is natural as much as man and sunset. Since we are in the territory of sophistical speculation, at this point I could open a reflection on how much of my decisions are actually mine and not the result of the chemical mechanics that act in my brain as the algorithms act in Autechre,  but it seems that, in neurology ( or more extensively in biology), the question about the existence or otherwise of free will is a question that is anything but solved.

Sam Byers has taken a license. It seems a small, irrelevant thing, but it changes a person's personality a lot, so it also affects the key to reading about what a person then does.

It also affects how I perceive myself imagined by the writer: it is as if the author doubts my intellectual integrity, so that he feels compelled to revive the writing with an unreasonable load of emphasis.

Forgive my factious controversy: recently I wrote things that have been transcribed with an excess of punctuation, transforming my statements into a kind of stupid and constant surprise, so i find myself with bad blood (!!!).

That was a quote. If you want to blame somebody for exclamation marks blame residentadvisor.

https://www.residentadvisor.net/features/2756

That was a quote. If you want to blame somebody for exclamation marks blame residentadvisor.

https://www.residentadvisor.net/features/2756

It is true, and in any case for the rest of the interview a certain sobriety has been respected, which makes my intervention even more gratuitous.

By this time it's written...

partial multisig timelocked revokable cold storage smart contract mechanism.

Yeah, I reckon ...

:trollface: 

burger_top.gif

partial multisig timelocked revokable cold storage smart contract mechanism.

Yeah, I reckon ...

:cerious:

burger_bottom.gif