IGNORED

Which One of You Losers is This?

hello spiral

I disagree with this. Absolutely love repetition in music and often avoid things with too many changes but any style of music can be done well or poorly. Take something like S.A.W II or any other number of works. I haven't gotten bored of those records to this day.

Some people just don't get it. They want to be wowed by the novelty of constant changes or they have a.d.d or they don't have an imagination to drift into that more repetitious music induces. For me, music that's constantly changing forces the listener to pay strict attention to every second and strikes me as "look at what I can do" audio acrobatics. On the other hand, music that's repetitious is like a mantra that focuses the mind into a sort of trance like state and immerses you into a very defined landscape and yet also allows the listeners mind to wander, to dream, or to go into ones own thoughts and imagination.

As a producer I think it's just as difficult (if not more so) to make a repetitive piece of music that's interesting and doesn't bore the listener. It's a real art form, almost the same concept as a pop song. There are tons of tracks that are too minimal for me, that use only a few sounds with little to no change that bore me to death. At the same time there are equally minimal tunes that use only a few sounds that I've listen to for 20 years and still love as much as ever. So for me it's all about composition, sounds and textures that come together to spark the brain.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the other hand, music that's repetitious is like a mantra that focuses the mind into a sort of trance like state and immerses you into a very defined landscape and yet also allows the listeners mind to wander, to dream, or to go into ones own thoughts and imagination.

i agree

I disagree with this. Absolutely love repetition in music and often avoid things with too many changes but any style of music can be done well or poorly. Take something like S.A.W II or any other number of works. I haven't gotten bored of those records to this day.

Some people just don't get it. They want to be wowed by the novelty of constant changes or they have a.d.d or they don't have an imagination to drift into that more repetitious music induces. For me, music that's constantly changing forces the listener to pay strict attention to every second and strikes me as "look at what I can do" audio acrobatics. On the other hand, music that's repetitious is like a mantra that focuses the mind into a sort of trance like state and immerses you into a very defined landscape and yet also allows the listeners mind to wander, to dream, or to go into ones own thoughts and imagination.

As a producer I think it's just as difficult (if not more so) to make a repetitive piece of music that's interesting and doesn't bore the listener. It's a real art form, almost the same concept as a pop song. There are tons of tracks that are too minimal for me, that use only a few sounds with little to no change that bore me to death. At the same time there are equally minimal tunes that use only a few sounds that I've listen to for 20 years and still love as much as ever. So for me it's all about composition, sounds and textures that come together to spark the brain.

for me Actress is a master in these things, for example this track is 7 min long with a lets call it simple melody but my ears just dont want to stop listen at it.

the self-importance is literally unbearable, like srsly i had to turn it off. from what i caught i can tell he's also wrong.

you know he is trolling right ?

the self-importance is literally unbearable, like srsly i had to turn it off. from what i caught i can tell he's also wrong.

you know he is trolling right ?

what makes you say that? it's not the first time you mention it...9d5.png

yeah if only...

I can't place that accent at all, sounded like a native English speaker for the majority of the words and then sooodanlee a word would be complaaytelly mispronnoonst.

Yeah I was going mention this, what's that all about!

he's from texas

That's never a Texan accent - Sounds English with tinges of South African (and/or Scandinavian)

i was joking

I happened to see that he was apparently my top listener on Soundcloud over the last week. (w/ a whopping 5 plays lol)

Are the number of changes in my tracks adequate, I wonder??

1d09bc7646c9a003dafcc411f77da7c8.jpg

Nailed it with the Maurizio/Basic Channel track references! Have heard the Scion mix so many times, can't get enough of the two moments when BC's Octagon gets mixed in (here and here)

For sure. Didn't expect someone to post some Basic Channel up in here. Love Some of their stuff, as well as the associated label and side projects.

and of course...

why would you not expect it? they are some of the most important electronic musicians ever.

screw repetitive music screw non-repetitive music just do anything that comes naturally you fucking fuckers

Screw Music. Phillips, Robertson, or Allen?

Most IDM 2018. 

Archived