IGNORED

Gábor Lázár - Unfold

cear

He did make a record with Fell right? Surely see each others as peers.

How you guys feel about Rian Treanor?

Imo they all bring something new to the table and they are all unique in their own way and all worth a listen.

This GL album is killer, I dont think ive heard anything from Fell that is as dj friendly and funky that is coming from or maybe more made for the dj and club but all ears if you guys have anything to recommend. The sound design on this is crazy cool, gets a bit intense after a while but Im really digging what he and Rian Treanor are doing with these like Additive synthesis methods and club structures. Very fun and damn it sounds good on big systems

Rian treanor fan here, he’s mark fell’s son !

Indeed! See him live every chance I get

xm72zkF.jpg

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

damn, elastic really hits all the abstract fm-dancefloor marks for me. fanks watmm! if anyone knows any similar albums i would appreciate to get a rec, love this :)

Well...like said before, "The Neurobiology Of Moral Decision Making" by Mark Fell & Gabor Lazar is awesome, if you like "Unfold". But Mark Fell and his band Snd are really one of the best of the best...so this not really a surprise... I've never been disappointed!

He did make a record with Fell right? Surely see each others as peers.

How you guys feel about Rian Treanor?

Imo they all bring something new to the table and they are all unique in their own way and all worth a listen.

This GL album is killer, I dont think ive heard anything from Fell that is as dj friendly and funky that is coming from or maybe more made for the dj and club but all ears if you guys have anything to recommend. The sound design on this is crazy cool, gets a bit intense after a while but Im really digging what he and Rian Treanor are doing with these like Additive synthesis methods and club structures. Very fun and damn it sounds good on big systems

Rian treanor fan here, he’s mark fell’s son !

Indeed! See him live every chance I get

xm72zkF.jpg

have you seen this ? 

https://boomkat.com/products/ravedit

mm yeah. He seems fairly laid back about it all.

At that last gig I asked about the set he did when he played Oto with Fell (as separate acts) back in October. Was a fucking amazing thing. A guy on noisy af sax and him on beats played through surround sound speakers, can't remember if it was 4 or 5 of them.

His response was "oh yeah, we've never recorded that tbh" 

• 1 month later...

Barker of Barker & Baumeister fame tried his hand at the FM slicy boi sound with the Debiasing EP on Ostgut Ton and it's dope. I think "Look How Hard I've Tried" is the standout but maybe Barker's track title is influencing that decision. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ_cbtfDXNg

Nice! Thanks for the link! Need to check it later.

• 3 months later...

That's quite an amazing track IMO, with stunning sound design, catchy hooks and a great groove. Especially that monster of a bassline at the begining of the track, lovely. So eager to hear how his music evolves in the next few years.

• 3 months later...

Archived