IGNORED

Gábor Lázár - Unfold

cear

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wanted to emphasize of the few unreleased bits are beyond incredible.  He seems to have found the perfect balance between sharp and inventive sound-design and melodic / dancefloor efficiency. 

Just wanted to emphasize of the few unreleased bits are beyond incredible.  He seems to have found the perfect balance between sharp and inventive sound-design and melodic / dancefloor efficiency. 

I guess we'll get a new ep by the end of the year !

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

He's playing in Saint Etienne, France on 11/8 (nice festival, along Aisha Devi, Zuli and Iueke, to name my faves), and I've just read an interview in which he mentions currently testing new LP material in his live set : anyone else going ? I just can't wait, he's become one of my very favorite producers.

• 2 months later...

Brostep wobbles used for good instead of evil, i love it. Didn't he make his own wavetable for this? Such rich textures all around, and Repeater is absolute dance floor demolition. Big fan of how the typefaces match the tone of each song. Also he is a CUTIE PIE :wub:
spacer.png

• 1 month later...

His upcoming LP is getting mastered today (source : his most recent Instagram story).... most anticipated release of the year as far as I’m concerned !

7 minutes ago, Nil said:

His upcoming LP is getting mastered today (source : his most recent Instagram story).... most anticipated release of the year as far as I’m concerned !

Yes, same thing, instabuy incoming.

Yeah, at least 3 new tracks (a couple of early versions are at the end of his Boiler Room set). They sounded beyond incredible, like Detroit Electro/Techno from the year 4000.

I tend to consider Lanark Artefax's live recording as an LP... sorta. I do agree with you though, definitely.

Depending on the label releasing it, GL's LP can drop anytime, but somewhere from 3 to 6 months is reasonable. Now give me the album already :catrage:

Yeah hanging out for this one too. Unfold was a gem but you could tell it was the beginning of hopefully, a brilliant new direction for him and the adult swim comp tune is mad. The Boiler room tracks are good too, got me excited here haha. Anyone know if this is also going to be on the Death of Rave label? hope so

Those Reaktor synths just sound so fat and heavy on a system and he uses them tastefully, could very easily be quite obnoxious.
if he is getting masters this week as quickest I'd say it might be 3 months before vinyl is out. I got masters back for a record this week and its due late April / May but I don't really do any promo and hardly tour so not sure what kinda PR/promo and whatnot some bigger artists/labels do that adds to delay times. 
Tho it seems like there might be a vinyl delay worldwide, sorta waiting on that confirmation, could mean we get a lot less vinly this year but itd also be pretty sweet cause release times might be sped up a whole lot! I can get around that

Though, imo, vinyl isn’t as relevant (as a medium) as hi-res digital files for such tunes.

Even if it’s pretty obvious that something like Razor is part of his palette, I’d love to see / read about his studio process.

@sun drugs do you mind sharing your releasing alias, I’d love to have a listen. Thanks !

Yeah i would too, would love to see his pre-Unfold setup and workflow with presumably max and see some of the patches he and Mark Fell used for that record. Would be very interested too. Totally love these guys like Lazar, Fell, Rian Treanor and Errorsmith who heavily rely on a few bits of gear but use them inside and out, its quite cool and refreshing seeing people push the gear to its limits.

yeah here is my soundcloud. made a little playlist with a few tunes that I attempted a Lazar / Fell style patches, got some great results i think.
I'll probably take this down soon, sending a few of these around to hopefully get released before I dump them on my own bandcamp

Man they sound glorious on my phone, looking forward to listen to these on my monitors... so wait a few days before taking them down. I’ll definitely buy a copy.

Archived