Melted Self

Stickfigger

• 2 weeks later...

Finally had a chance to listen to this while driving. So good. First three tracks are particularly bangin driving music. Whole album is great though, looking forward to the next installments. Great work, Stick.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally got a chance to listen to this a bit last night. As per usual, top production on these (from what I've heard so far). 

What I find particularly enjoyable about what I've heard so far, and this is a running theme with your tunes, is that I can spot influences but I never feel like these songs are carbon copies of anything else. They are unique and have their own, distinct voice, which rings through, true and clear. 

These ones I found myself drifting away to - although this isn't the term one might immediately use for this type of music, I'd still call them "soundscapes" -i.e., they are as much living, breathing little worlds you can walk around in as much as songs. Tops!

Whoa thanks for the write up dude ! Very much appreciated and I'm very happy that you are enjoying them. Nice to hear that there is enough going on for an immersive listen.

Like that last little EP , this is all digitone and it's been a very rewarding few months playing with it solo .

listened to this a couple times now, i really like it. your best yet i reckon.. im really into its sort of more minimal direction..definitely as t3551er said, little worlds to get lost in ?

Listening to this the second time through now. It's seriously dope. Echoing what the homies above have said, I'm thinking this is your best yet, and it has a strength of consistency and coherence as an album/collection. Really nice mix of minimalism, experimentation, crisp beats and grooves, rad timbres, and some more classic/nostalgic sounds.

OUTER in particular gives me the chills when that behemoth of a patch comes in. So good.

Top notch/next level, dude.

Thanks Eczy for that! Glad you have enjoyed it. I'm interested to hear that the restraints of just using the digitone have resulted in a type of minimalism that is appreciated by the listeners!

@darrie, if you do get one i'm happy to trade files

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...