IGNORED

Autechre Live: Dublin July @ National Concert Hall

phudoshin

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoping this is more than a one-off and that they’re gearing up for a big tour. One of the local venues here (US) had them listed as playing this month briefly before it was taken down. Maybe someone got the year wrong. 2019 imminent.

Which venue?

The Neptune Theatre in Seattle. Which would be a killer space for them, even better than the Showbox in 2015(?).

c84f7023a37db60bb26a3e50cec7ab7e.jpg

Definitely taking a 4 hour bus ride just for this.

maybe tokyo is closer to you

I live in Ireland mah dude.

but you wrote scotland as your country ???

:cat: 

@diatoms are you seeing this shit?????????????

WHO MEMBER

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! 

<preying even harder to the AE gods that they have more than 1 NA date... hopefully closer to the east coast...>

The 15th is also the day of the World Cup Final, probably a couple hours earlier. Could potentially be a GOAT day for some Dublin attendees.

Interesting that they decide to get the fk out of Rochdale during the World Cup. Japan is also soccer mad and Australia (less so) is in there too (in those countries during Group Stages), but handy excuse to leave the country for a bit.

Balcony seats this time, sound in this lecture hall can be curious at the best of times. Hooray hooray hooray.

Please note that the auditorium is in complete darkness for the duration of this concert. No latecomers are admitted once the performance has started.

Staff will be on hand if you need to exit the auditorium. However, due to the nature of the concert, you may not be readmitted once you exit. Do not be startled by the sounds of cats as they are an integral part of the show

Yeah, the Showbox was 2015 I'm pretty sure, that was my first ae show and my second live show ever, great stuff. Neptune would be the shit

Please note that the auditorium is in complete darkness for the duration of this concert. No latecomers are admitted once the performance has started.

Staff will be on hand if you need to exit the auditorium. However, due to the nature of the concert, you may not be readmitted once you exit. Do not be startled by the sounds of cats as they are an integral part of the show

Also: you shut your mouth when Autechre is playing.

I can't imagine us just staying on our arses when (IF) the beats roll or we get those PHAT drops like with the AE_LIVE sets

Are the other venues  - Oz/Japan - seated?

I trust the promoters know what they are doing and Ireland's main electronica promotor, U:Mack,  has a long and rich history with the best of the Warp/Rephlex crowd coming over here

WHO MEMBER

Haha:)

orderin my shroomz now

shroomz would be nice in the dark with loud music to take you away

Trying to decide if I should go

I can't imagine us just staying on our arses when (IF) the beats roll or we get those PHAT drops like with the AE_LIVE sets

Are the other venues  - Oz/Japan - seated?

I trust the promoters know what they are doing and Ireland's main electronica promotor, U:Mack,  has a long and rich history with the best of the Warp/Rephlex crowd coming over here

I was at the Bristol and RFH gigs in 2016, standing and seated respectively. Preferred the former gig slightly, though I was just leaning on the railing by the desk staring into darkness, so might as well have been seated. Should certainly be better than Dublin 2014 where it was impossible to get away from talkers 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived