IGNORED

Orbital - Monsters Exist

They said in an interview late last year / early this year that there's definitely going to be a new album this year and it looks like we're getting an announcement this week. They've been posting odd bits of pictures with 'FRIDAY' as the caption. The images are coming together to look something like the Snivilisation / In Sides covers, which is good because the generic CG circle on Wonky was utterly uninspiring.

Image coming together here. Guessing it'll be announced on Friday.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could be completely imagining it but did they post a new track about a year ago (I remember poopoo-ing it but a few days later realising it was Orbital doing classic Snivilisation-esque Orbital)

I could be completely imagining it but did they post a new track about a year ago (I remember poopoo-ing it but a few days later realising it was Orbital doing classic Snivilisation-esque Orbital)

verrrrrrryyy good news...hopefully new LP by late Summer/Fall

I think so. They said in an interview that they'll be one this year and one next year for their 30th annerversary. Not a best of, but new material! Two new albums over the next two years. Can't wait!!!!

I will always get excited for new Orbital. They built up so much goodwill with Snivilization, the brown album, and In Sides and were really a gateway into electronic music for me. Lots of good memories.

I realize and accept that their more “recent” output is pretty mediocre comparatively, but I root for the brothers nonetheless and wish them success.

They're that rare breed of band who I'm absolutely happy to enjoy even if they're just making not-quite-as-good versions of their classic sound. The early '00s stuff was a bit of an attempt to branch out and it didn't work, but Wonky was just Orbital with more modern production which is probably why it was really enjoyable. Just keep churning out the Orbital bangers, lads.

Oh well that looks promising. Deluxe edition with seven extra tracks is a must-have, much more appealing than the deluxe Wonky with a live disc.

Title seems to be a reference to the video for The Box

28167151_1590144324437708_55617870923899

Archived