IGNORED

Orbital - Monsters Exist

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to hearing the studio version of P.H.U.K. Also, wonder if Paul will be credited as writer as he was with Wonky? If you think about it Paul's 8:58 album is more or less an Orbital album.

So looking forward to hearing Monsters Exist!!!

Paul Hartnoll referring to his 8:58 album:

"In an interview with The Line of Best Fit, Hartnoll said the project is a continuation of where Orbital was heading before their final split in 2014. "There are plenty of beats," he said. "But I wanted to exercise my more compositional side too."

Looking forward to hearing the studio version of P.H.U.K. Also, wonder if Paul will be credited as writer as he was with Wonky?

I'm pretty sure that's related to the split, Paul's hinted at being unhappy / angry with Phil at the time, I'm sure there was a suggestion that Phil's more into the live side of it, so I got the feeling Paul did a lot more work writing the tracks. The fact he's credited as sole composer on almost all the album when previously they split the credits - even when Paul's admitted to Belfast being pretty much a solo track of his - adds to that. It made me a bit unhappy when I read the credits actually. I'm hoping everything's credited to the pair of them again this time.

Looking forward to hearing the studio version of P.H.U.K. Also, wonder if Paul will be credited as writer as he was with Wonky?

I'm pretty sure that's related to the split, Paul's hinted at being unhappy / angry with Phil at the time, I'm sure there was a suggestion that Phil's more into the live side of it, so I got the feeling Paul did a lot more work writing the tracks. The fact he's credited as sole composer on almost all the album when previously they split the credits - even when Paul's admitted to Belfast being pretty much a solo track of his - adds to that. It made me a bit unhappy when I read the credits actually. I'm hoping everything's credited to the pair of them again this time.

Maybe. Personally I think writing will be credited to him again. A lot of the new album was written by him for his next solo album. Hoo Hoo Ha Ha started life as a solo track. We'll see....

orbital are legends. i agree with everything everyone has said itt about the "later" albums, but i have to come clean and say that "the altogether" was my first orbital album and i still love it even though i understand its obvious flaws. does anyone remember when eugene tried to listen to in sides and thought it was really really bad? lol. huge mistake. what a nonce. 

orbital are legends. i agree with everything everyone has said itt about the "later" albums, but i have to come clean and say that "the altogether" was my first orbital album and i still love it even though i understand its obvious flaws.

They once said that if you took some tracks from The Altogether and Blue Album, you'd have one good album.

They're playing live in Belfast this Friday and it's going to be broadcast on Radio 6 and BBC 4. They said they might possibly squeeze in a new track ☺

They're playing live in Belfast this Friday and it's going to be broadcast on Radio 6 and BBC 4. They said they might possibly squeeze in a new track ☺

Big weekend indeed as Underworld are playing Saturday night, also on BBC4... and they have also been in the recording studio

Glowsticks at the ready, ere we fookin go

Big weekend indeed as Underworld are playing Saturday night, also on BBC4... and they have also been in the recording studio

Glowsticks at the ready, ere we fookin go

Is it 1996?

They played phuk in their set tonight, sounded good. Looked like they were bickering a bit over the kit and had problems with one of the sequencers.

Good armchair gig though for a Friday night, even strangely enjoyed Beck who was on before.

Looked like they were bickering a bit over the kit and had problems with one of the sequencers.

As long as they don't break up (a 3rd time) before the album release - my most anticipated Fall release so far easily.

They played phuk in their set tonight, sounded good. Looked like they were bickering a bit over the kit and had problems with one of the sequencers.

Awesome, will be iPlayering it later

Archived